Jeet Mohinder Sidhu to be SAD-BJP candidate from Talwandi Sabo
Chandigarh: Ruling Shiromani Akali Dal today announced Jeet Mohinder Singh Sidhu, who had joined the party after switching over from Congress, as its candidate for the Talwandi Sabo Assembly bypoll to be held on August 21.
Punjab Minister and SAD spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema said Sidhu`s name was today finalised as SAD-BJP alliance candidate for Talwandi Sabo bypoll by Deputy Chief Minister and SAD President Sukhbir Singh Badal.
Talwandi Sabo seat fell vacant in March when Sidhu, who was elected as Congress MLA in 2012, resigned and switched over to the SAD.
The seat falling in Bathinda parliamentary constituency, is being seen as a litmus test for both SAD and main opposition Congress.
Bathinda Lok Sabha seat is at present represented by Union Minister and SAD leader Harsimrat Kaur Badal, who had won from the constituency by a narrow margin of around 19,000 votes over her nearest rival Manpreet Singh Badal of Congress-People`s Party of Punjab (PPP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'