Joginder Mann drops his plan to contest as a rebel
Phagwara: In a political somersault,
Joginder Singh Mann, a three-time Congress MLA from Phagwara
and a former Punjab minister dropped his plan to contest as a
Mann had declared on Tuesday that he would contest as an
independent candidate against party`s official candidate
Balbir Raja Sodhi.
Today, he declared his unconditional support for party
candidate Sodhi, dropping his plan to file his nomination as a
Mann, who had won from Phagwara in 1985, 1992, 2002 but
lost in 2007 assembly polls, was denied a party ticket this
He had revolted against this and had organised a big
protest rally of his supporters here on Sunday. An 11-member
Action Committee was constituted by his supporters and Mann
had declared to file his nomination as a rebel candidate
But prolonged hectic parleys between DCC President Harjit
Singh Parmar and Mann and his supporters at the latter`s
residence today and personal intervention on phone by PPCC
President and former CM Captain Amarinder Singh and PPCC
General Secretary Rana Gurjit Singh made Mann take this
Mann claimed that Captain Amarinder Singh had rung him
up, assuring him that he (Mann) will be "adjusted" and given
full regards in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?