Judicial remand in AIG assault case
Ludhiana: The three accused in the assault case of a police officer here were remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a local court here.
In the high-profile AIG assault case, the three main accused, two of them former senior Akali leaders, including Maninderpal Singh alias Sunny Johar (a former national vice President of the youth wing of the ruling Akali Dal), his nephew Amandeep Singh alias Aman (former general secretary Youth Akali Dal) and Rishi Banda were produced in the court of Duty Magistrate Jasbir Singh after their four days of police remand.
The court remanded the accused to judicial remand of 14 days.
The police have recovered the pistol of Sunny Johar of the Hub restaurant, where the incident took place on December 24.
The police had also recovered a mobile phone, the pistol and 7 live cartridges of NRI Parmjit Singh.
A brawl took place at the Hub restaurant here at Ghumar Mandi in which AIG of Punjab Police S S Mand got his leg fractured and his NRI friend Parmjit Singh was seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price