Judicial remand in AIG assault case
Ludhiana: The three accused in the assault case of a police officer here were remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a local court here.
In the high-profile AIG assault case, the three main accused, two of them former senior Akali leaders, including Maninderpal Singh alias Sunny Johar (a former national vice President of the youth wing of the ruling Akali Dal), his nephew Amandeep Singh alias Aman (former general secretary Youth Akali Dal) and Rishi Banda were produced in the court of Duty Magistrate Jasbir Singh after their four days of police remand.
The court remanded the accused to judicial remand of 14 days.
The police have recovered the pistol of Sunny Johar of the Hub restaurant, where the incident took place on December 24.
The police had also recovered a mobile phone, the pistol and 7 live cartridges of NRI Parmjit Singh.
A brawl took place at the Hub restaurant here at Ghumar Mandi in which AIG of Punjab Police S S Mand got his leg fractured and his NRI friend Parmjit Singh was seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India