Judicial remand in AIG assault case
Ludhiana: The three accused in the assault case of a police officer here were remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a local court here.
In the high-profile AIG assault case, the three main accused, two of them former senior Akali leaders, including Maninderpal Singh alias Sunny Johar (a former national vice President of the youth wing of the ruling Akali Dal), his nephew Amandeep Singh alias Aman (former general secretary Youth Akali Dal) and Rishi Banda were produced in the court of Duty Magistrate Jasbir Singh after their four days of police remand.
The court remanded the accused to judicial remand of 14 days.
The police have recovered the pistol of Sunny Johar of the Hub restaurant, where the incident took place on December 24.
The police had also recovered a mobile phone, the pistol and 7 live cartridges of NRI Parmjit Singh.
A brawl took place at the Hub restaurant here at Ghumar Mandi in which AIG of Punjab Police S S Mand got his leg fractured and his NRI friend Parmjit Singh was seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award