Judicial remand in AIG assault case
Ludhiana: The three accused in the assault case of a police officer here were remanded to 14 days judicial custody by a local court here.
In the high-profile AIG assault case, the three main accused, two of them former senior Akali leaders, including Maninderpal Singh alias Sunny Johar (a former national vice President of the youth wing of the ruling Akali Dal), his nephew Amandeep Singh alias Aman (former general secretary Youth Akali Dal) and Rishi Banda were produced in the court of Duty Magistrate Jasbir Singh after their four days of police remand.
The court remanded the accused to judicial remand of 14 days.
The police have recovered the pistol of Sunny Johar of the Hub restaurant, where the incident took place on December 24.
The police had also recovered a mobile phone, the pistol and 7 live cartridges of NRI Parmjit Singh.
A brawl took place at the Hub restaurant here at Ghumar Mandi in which AIG of Punjab Police S S Mand got his leg fractured and his NRI friend Parmjit Singh was seriously injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!