Judiciary will take cognisance of Jagir case: Cong
New Delhi: Amid reports that VIP facilities
including an LCD TV were being provided to Bibi Jagir Kaur,
lodged in Kanjla Jail in Kapurthala in connection with the
abduction case of her daughter, Congress today said the
judiciary will take cognisance of the matter.
"We do hope that judiciary will take cognisance and ask
for appropriate action as per law", party spokesman Manish
Tewari told reporters when asked about the facilities being
provided to the former Punajb minister.
A report from Chandigarh said a top state prisons
official has ordered an inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?