Judiciary will take cognisance of Jagir case: Cong
New Delhi: Amid reports that VIP facilities
including an LCD TV were being provided to Bibi Jagir Kaur,
lodged in Kanjla Jail in Kapurthala in connection with the
abduction case of her daughter, Congress today said the
judiciary will take cognisance of the matter.
"We do hope that judiciary will take cognisance and ask
for appropriate action as per law", party spokesman Manish
Tewari told reporters when asked about the facilities being
provided to the former Punajb minister.
A report from Chandigarh said a top state prisons
official has ordered an inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble