Judiciary will take cognisance of Jagir case: Cong
New Delhi: Amid reports that VIP facilities
including an LCD TV were being provided to Bibi Jagir Kaur,
lodged in Kanjla Jail in Kapurthala in connection with the
abduction case of her daughter, Congress today said the
judiciary will take cognisance of the matter.
"We do hope that judiciary will take cognisance and ask
for appropriate action as per law", party spokesman Manish
Tewari told reporters when asked about the facilities being
provided to the former Punajb minister.
A report from Chandigarh said a top state prisons
official has ordered an inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you