Judiciary will take cognisance of Jagir case: Cong
New Delhi: Amid reports that VIP facilities
including an LCD TV were being provided to Bibi Jagir Kaur,
lodged in Kanjla Jail in Kapurthala in connection with the
abduction case of her daughter, Congress today said the
judiciary will take cognisance of the matter.
"We do hope that judiciary will take cognisance and ask
for appropriate action as per law", party spokesman Manish
Tewari told reporters when asked about the facilities being
provided to the former Punajb minister.
A report from Chandigarh said a top state prisons
official has ordered an inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'