Kandola`s custody extended, police recover 200 gm heroin
Jalandhar: A local court Friday extended international drug trafficker Ranjit Singh Kandola`s police custody to September 3 even as police claimed to have seized a huge cache of heroin from his aide.
Kandola, wanted in Punjab for a number of cases including drug racketing, sending illegal immigrants to foreign countries and those relating to Arms Act, was arrested by police on August 11 from Dwarka Link Road near NH-8.
Based on information received from Kandola`s interrogation, Jalandhar (Rural) SSP Yurinder Singh Hayer said that the Karatarpur police raided residence of Kandola`s aide Harvinder Singh alias Rupa in village Jindowal.
The police recovered 200 grams of heroin, a US made pistol, seven live cartridges and several property documents, Hayer said, adding that the seized heroin is worth Rs 6 crores in international market.
Harvinder is already in police custody.
Meanwhile, police official Rajendra Singh said that Kandola was brought to the district magistrate court as his police custody expired today.
"The court extended his police custody till September 3," he said.
On Kandola`s arrest, police had recovered 411 grams of high quality heroin, 2.75 grams of a psychotropic substance and 250 grams of Ephedrine, three semi-automatic sophisticated fire arms along with 15 live cartridges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared