Kandola`s custody extended, police recover 200 gm heroin
Jalandhar: A local court Friday extended international drug trafficker Ranjit Singh Kandola`s police custody to September 3 even as police claimed to have seized a huge cache of heroin from his aide.
Kandola, wanted in Punjab for a number of cases including drug racketing, sending illegal immigrants to foreign countries and those relating to Arms Act, was arrested by police on August 11 from Dwarka Link Road near NH-8.
Based on information received from Kandola`s interrogation, Jalandhar (Rural) SSP Yurinder Singh Hayer said that the Karatarpur police raided residence of Kandola`s aide Harvinder Singh alias Rupa in village Jindowal.
The police recovered 200 grams of heroin, a US made pistol, seven live cartridges and several property documents, Hayer said, adding that the seized heroin is worth Rs 6 crores in international market.
Harvinder is already in police custody.
Meanwhile, police official Rajendra Singh said that Kandola was brought to the district magistrate court as his police custody expired today.
"The court extended his police custody till September 3," he said.
On Kandola`s arrest, police had recovered 411 grams of high quality heroin, 2.75 grams of a psychotropic substance and 250 grams of Ephedrine, three semi-automatic sophisticated fire arms along with 15 live cartridges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui