Karnal coldest at 6.4 C, MeT forecast more rains in the region
Chandigarh: Karnal was the coldest place in Haryana on Monday as minimum temperature in the state and neighbouring Punjab continued to hover a few notches below normal range.
Karnal recorded a low of 6.4 degrees Celsius, down five notches, while Hisar, too, experienced the chill at a low of 7.5 deg C, down four notches, the MeT said here.
Rohtak recorded a low of 8.6 deg C, down one degree, while Gurgaon and Ambala recorded near similar minimums at 9.5 deg C and 9.9 deg C, respectively.
In Punjab, Patiala experienced the chill at 7.7 deg C, down three notches, while the low at Ludhiana was 9.5 deg C, one below normal.
Amritsar recorded a low of 7.5 deg C, down one notch.
The minimum at Chandigarh settled at 9 deg C, one below normal.
Rains had lashed the region last week while the hills had experienced fresh spell of snow.
According to the MeT, a western disturbance was approaching the northern region, which is likely to bring more rains in Punjab and Haryana by Wednesday.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today