Karnal coldest at 6.4 C, MeT forecast more rains in the region
Chandigarh: Karnal was the coldest place in Haryana on Monday as minimum temperature in the state and neighbouring Punjab continued to hover a few notches below normal range.
Karnal recorded a low of 6.4 degrees Celsius, down five notches, while Hisar, too, experienced the chill at a low of 7.5 deg C, down four notches, the MeT said here.
Rohtak recorded a low of 8.6 deg C, down one degree, while Gurgaon and Ambala recorded near similar minimums at 9.5 deg C and 9.9 deg C, respectively.
In Punjab, Patiala experienced the chill at 7.7 deg C, down three notches, while the low at Ludhiana was 9.5 deg C, one below normal.
Amritsar recorded a low of 7.5 deg C, down one notch.
The minimum at Chandigarh settled at 9 deg C, one below normal.
Rains had lashed the region last week while the hills had experienced fresh spell of snow.
According to the MeT, a western disturbance was approaching the northern region, which is likely to bring more rains in Punjab and Haryana by Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming