Karnal coldest at 6.4 C, MeT forecast more rains in the region
Chandigarh: Karnal was the coldest place in Haryana on Monday as minimum temperature in the state and neighbouring Punjab continued to hover a few notches below normal range.
Karnal recorded a low of 6.4 degrees Celsius, down five notches, while Hisar, too, experienced the chill at a low of 7.5 deg C, down four notches, the MeT said here.
Rohtak recorded a low of 8.6 deg C, down one degree, while Gurgaon and Ambala recorded near similar minimums at 9.5 deg C and 9.9 deg C, respectively.
In Punjab, Patiala experienced the chill at 7.7 deg C, down three notches, while the low at Ludhiana was 9.5 deg C, one below normal.
Amritsar recorded a low of 7.5 deg C, down one notch.
The minimum at Chandigarh settled at 9 deg C, one below normal.
Rains had lashed the region last week while the hills had experienced fresh spell of snow.
According to the MeT, a western disturbance was approaching the northern region, which is likely to bring more rains in Punjab and Haryana by Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’