Karnal coldest at 6.4 C, MeT forecast more rains in the region
Chandigarh: Karnal was the coldest place in Haryana on Monday as minimum temperature in the state and neighbouring Punjab continued to hover a few notches below normal range.
Karnal recorded a low of 6.4 degrees Celsius, down five notches, while Hisar, too, experienced the chill at a low of 7.5 deg C, down four notches, the MeT said here.
Rohtak recorded a low of 8.6 deg C, down one degree, while Gurgaon and Ambala recorded near similar minimums at 9.5 deg C and 9.9 deg C, respectively.
In Punjab, Patiala experienced the chill at 7.7 deg C, down three notches, while the low at Ludhiana was 9.5 deg C, one below normal.
Amritsar recorded a low of 7.5 deg C, down one notch.
The minimum at Chandigarh settled at 9 deg C, one below normal.
Rains had lashed the region last week while the hills had experienced fresh spell of snow.
According to the MeT, a western disturbance was approaching the northern region, which is likely to bring more rains in Punjab and Haryana by Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi