KCF ultra found dead in police custody, family alleges torture
Amritsar: A dreaded terrorist of Sikh
separatist outfit Khalisthan Commando Force outfit, died in
police custody on Monday, a week after his arrest.
Relatives of KCF activist Sohan Singh alleged he died due
to police torture, a charge denied by the police which said
the cause of death would come out in autopsy report.
AIG of State Special Operation Cell of Punjab Police
Manminder Singh claimed that Sohanjit Singh, a close associate
of KCF founder Paramjit Singh Panjwar, committed suicide by
hanging himself from ceiling fan with the help of a scarf.
The AIG said there was a chair in the room which was used
by the deceased, a former army man, at the time of the
The official said that following a direction of the
Session Judge, a first class Judicial magistrate would hold an
inquiry to ascertain the circumstances and causes which
forced Sohan to commit suicide.
Sohan Singh, carrying a reward of Rs 1 lakh, was arrested
on March 7 on a tip-off with one automatic Pistol 32 Bore
along with magazine and five live cartridges.
Sohan Singh was wanted by the police in connection with
the planting of RDX in a stranded car here last year but it
was timely defused with the help of army experts in May last
Sohan Singh, who deserted the Army, was arrested under
Unlawful Activities Prevention Act, IPC in connection with the
planting of RDX in the car, said AIG.
Before his arrest, Sohan was constantly in touch with the
KCF chief Parmjit Singh Panjwar who is in Pakistan. Sohan had
visited Pakistan as a Sikh devotee to revive terrorism in
Punjab, said AIG.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?