Khaira decries Badal`s Haryana visit
Phagwara: Targeting Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for his Rewari visit to mark the Haryana Day, a former Congress legislator on Thursday alleged that forgetting the Punjabi `Suba Day` the veteran-Akali leader was visiting another state.
Former Congress MLA from Bholath Sukhpal Singh Khaira said here that it was saddening to note that while Haryana and Himachal Pradesh were celebrating their formation day, Punjab had totally forgotten November one- the Punjabi Suba Day.
He demanded that November one should be declared a public holiday in future to commemorate formation of Punjab and a befitting memorial be raised for Jathedar Darshan Singh Pheruman who had made supreme sacrifice for the cause.
He also demanded that PPCC should set up its full-fledged RTI Wing, on the pattern of other frontal wings, for cornering the SAD-BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!