Kid rescued from borewell in Punjab, dies in hospital
Gurdaspur (Punjab): A three-year-old girl rescued from borewell in Punjab`s Gurdaspur after 21 hours on Thursday died after admission in hospital.
Dilnaaz Kaur was taken to Batala hospital in critical condition after she was pulled out of the 200 feet borewell.
Both the Army and local administration carried out the rescue operation.
There have been many cases earlier of children falling into uncovered manholes.
Authorities had rescued a two-year-old girl Vandana in Agra when she accidentally fell into a 45-feet borewell in Tehra village.
In a similar incident, a five-year-old boy, Prince, fell into a 53 feet and 1.5 wide shaft in Shahbad, Haryana in July 2006. The army rescued him from the pit after two days of rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?