Kid rescued from borewell in Punjab, dies in hospital
Gurdaspur (Punjab): A three-year-old girl rescued from borewell in Punjab`s Gurdaspur after 21 hours on Thursday died after admission in hospital.
Dilnaaz Kaur was taken to Batala hospital in critical condition after she was pulled out of the 200 feet borewell.
Both the Army and local administration carried out the rescue operation.
There have been many cases earlier of children falling into uncovered manholes.
Authorities had rescued a two-year-old girl Vandana in Agra when she accidentally fell into a 45-feet borewell in Tehra village.
In a similar incident, a five-year-old boy, Prince, fell into a 53 feet and 1.5 wide shaft in Shahbad, Haryana in July 2006. The army rescued him from the pit after two days of rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees not to get arrears this financial year?
- Reasons why parents must educate their child about sex
- Sensex adds to gains, up 149 points on positive global leads
- SC refers LGBT celebs' plea challenging Section 377 to CJI
- Why do we shout in anger? Watch video to know the real reason