Kid rescued from borewell in Punjab, dies in hospital
Gurdaspur (Punjab): A three-year-old girl rescued from borewell in Punjab`s Gurdaspur after 21 hours on Thursday died after admission in hospital.
Dilnaaz Kaur was taken to Batala hospital in critical condition after she was pulled out of the 200 feet borewell.
Both the Army and local administration carried out the rescue operation.
There have been many cases earlier of children falling into uncovered manholes.
Authorities had rescued a two-year-old girl Vandana in Agra when she accidentally fell into a 45-feet borewell in Tehra village.
In a similar incident, a five-year-old boy, Prince, fell into a 53 feet and 1.5 wide shaft in Shahbad, Haryana in July 2006. The army rescued him from the pit after two days of rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter