Kidnapped minor girl rescued in Punjab
Phagwara: A minor girl was on Tuesday rescued within 48-hours of her alleged kidnapping after she and the accused were caught at the railway station here, police said on Tuesday.
While the girl has been sent back to her family, the kidnapper Ganesh Kumar has been arrested.
Jeevas Ram, a Bihar-migrant currently residing in a slum area near Kotrani village, had filed a complaint that Ganesh had kidnapped his daughter on December 29 on the pretext of marriage, Phagwara superintendent of police Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said.
Ganesh had misled the minor, who used to pick scrap with him, saying he would marry her, the complainant has said in the FIR.
The duo were caught when they were getting down from a train coming from Delhi, the SP said.
Ganesh has been booked under Sections 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage) IPC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say