Kidnapped minor girl rescued in Punjab
Phagwara: A minor girl was on Tuesday rescued within 48-hours of her alleged kidnapping after she and the accused were caught at the railway station here, police said on Tuesday.
While the girl has been sent back to her family, the kidnapper Ganesh Kumar has been arrested.
Jeevas Ram, a Bihar-migrant currently residing in a slum area near Kotrani village, had filed a complaint that Ganesh had kidnapped his daughter on December 29 on the pretext of marriage, Phagwara superintendent of police Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said.
Ganesh had misled the minor, who used to pick scrap with him, saying he would marry her, the complainant has said in the FIR.
The duo were caught when they were getting down from a train coming from Delhi, the SP said.
Ganesh has been booked under Sections 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage) IPC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon