Kidnapped minor girl rescued in Punjab
Phagwara: A minor girl was on Tuesday rescued within 48-hours of her alleged kidnapping after she and the accused were caught at the railway station here, police said on Tuesday.
While the girl has been sent back to her family, the kidnapper Ganesh Kumar has been arrested.
Jeevas Ram, a Bihar-migrant currently residing in a slum area near Kotrani village, had filed a complaint that Ganesh had kidnapped his daughter on December 29 on the pretext of marriage, Phagwara superintendent of police Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said.
Ganesh had misled the minor, who used to pick scrap with him, saying he would marry her, the complainant has said in the FIR.
The duo were caught when they were getting down from a train coming from Delhi, the SP said.
Ganesh has been booked under Sections 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage) IPC, he said.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today