Kidnapped minor girl rescued in Punjab
Phagwara: A minor girl was on Tuesday rescued within 48-hours of her alleged kidnapping after she and the accused were caught at the railway station here, police said on Tuesday.
While the girl has been sent back to her family, the kidnapper Ganesh Kumar has been arrested.
Jeevas Ram, a Bihar-migrant currently residing in a slum area near Kotrani village, had filed a complaint that Ganesh had kidnapped his daughter on December 29 on the pretext of marriage, Phagwara superintendent of police Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said.
Ganesh had misled the minor, who used to pick scrap with him, saying he would marry her, the complainant has said in the FIR.
The duo were caught when they were getting down from a train coming from Delhi, the SP said.
Ganesh has been booked under Sections 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage) IPC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?