Kidnapped minor girl rescued in Punjab
Phagwara: A minor girl was on Tuesday rescued within 48-hours of her alleged kidnapping after she and the accused were caught at the railway station here, police said on Tuesday.
While the girl has been sent back to her family, the kidnapper Ganesh Kumar has been arrested.
Jeevas Ram, a Bihar-migrant currently residing in a slum area near Kotrani village, had filed a complaint that Ganesh had kidnapped his daughter on December 29 on the pretext of marriage, Phagwara superintendent of police Harkamalpreet Singh Khakh said.
Ganesh had misled the minor, who used to pick scrap with him, saying he would marry her, the complainant has said in the FIR.
The duo were caught when they were getting down from a train coming from Delhi, the SP said.
Ganesh has been booked under Sections 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage) IPC, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies