Kingpin of teachers` racket held
Sangrur (Punjab): A man who took Rs 2-3 lakh from 16-17 people promising them jobs as teachers in Punjab government schools has been arrested, police said on Sunday.
Pawan Kumar had assured several candidates that he would help them pass the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET).
He was arrested here late Saturday, Superintendent of Police Sandeep Goyal said.
"He took Rs 2-3 lakh from 16-17 candidates. We have recovered Rs 40 lakh from him," he said.
Kumar is a vice-president of an unemployed teachers` union, Goyal added.
"The accused has good connections with senior officials of the education department," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH