Kirron Kher greeted with black flags in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Some disgruntled BJP workers here Tuesday greeted party nominee for the Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat Kirron Kher with black flags when she arrived here.
Kher who reached here by an afternoon flight, was shown black flags atleast at two places enroute, sources said.
At a couple of places, the disgruntled workers also raised slogans against her.
The party has named Kher as the candidate from Chandigarh, ignoring three frontrunners including former MP Satya Pal Jain, Chandigarh BJP President Sanjay Tandon and former Union Minister Harmohan Dhawan.
When Kher`s candidature was announced by the party high command on Saturday, there was a revolt in the Chandigarh unit of the BJP, leading to a few resignations by some office bearers of the city unit.
From the Chandigarh seat, where polling will be held on April 10, former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal is seeking re-election as Congress nominee.
Bansal had earlier downplayed the presence of prominent women - former Miss India Gul Panag (AAP) and actor Kirron Kher (BJP) - in the fray, saying paratroopers cannot do some overnight magic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar