Kirron Kher greeted with black flags in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Some disgruntled BJP workers here Tuesday greeted party nominee for the Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat Kirron Kher with black flags when she arrived here.
Kher who reached here by an afternoon flight, was shown black flags atleast at two places enroute, sources said.
At a couple of places, the disgruntled workers also raised slogans against her.
The party has named Kher as the candidate from Chandigarh, ignoring three frontrunners including former MP Satya Pal Jain, Chandigarh BJP President Sanjay Tandon and former Union Minister Harmohan Dhawan.
When Kher`s candidature was announced by the party high command on Saturday, there was a revolt in the Chandigarh unit of the BJP, leading to a few resignations by some office bearers of the city unit.
From the Chandigarh seat, where polling will be held on April 10, former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal is seeking re-election as Congress nominee.
Bansal had earlier downplayed the presence of prominent women - former Miss India Gul Panag (AAP) and actor Kirron Kher (BJP) - in the fray, saying paratroopers cannot do some overnight magic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users