Kirron Kher greeted with black flags in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Some disgruntled BJP workers here Tuesday greeted party nominee for the Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat Kirron Kher with black flags when she arrived here.
Kher who reached here by an afternoon flight, was shown black flags atleast at two places enroute, sources said.
At a couple of places, the disgruntled workers also raised slogans against her.
The party has named Kher as the candidate from Chandigarh, ignoring three frontrunners including former MP Satya Pal Jain, Chandigarh BJP President Sanjay Tandon and former Union Minister Harmohan Dhawan.
When Kher`s candidature was announced by the party high command on Saturday, there was a revolt in the Chandigarh unit of the BJP, leading to a few resignations by some office bearers of the city unit.
From the Chandigarh seat, where polling will be held on April 10, former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal is seeking re-election as Congress nominee.
Bansal had earlier downplayed the presence of prominent women - former Miss India Gul Panag (AAP) and actor Kirron Kher (BJP) - in the fray, saying paratroopers cannot do some overnight magic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand