Krishna`s faux pas sends "wrong" message: Sukhbir
Jalandhar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said the faux pas by External
Affairs Minister S M Krishna at the United Nations in has sent
a "wrong message" about India`s seriousness in bid for a
permanent seat in the Security Council.
He alleged the "unfortunate episode" has reflected India
in a poor light in the international diplomatic fora.
Answering questions of mediapersons here, Badal questioned
"how can we expect that such an External Affair Minister to
protect India`s position in the UN on sensitive issues like
Jammu and Kashmir?"
He said at a time when India is trying hard to secure a
permanent seat in the Security Council, the blunder by the
External Affairs Minister has sent a wrong message regarding
the seriousness of India on this front".
Krishna had last week inadvertently begun reading out
from the speech of Portugal Foreign Minister`s speech before
he realized the mistake.
Badal said the series of alleged scams in telecom and
space sectors have sent "shock waves" among the community of
Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) and there had been
"record withdrawal" of investment by them in the last few
Asked about former chief minister Amarinder Singh`s
comments about writing to the union government to stop the Rs
3500 crores grant sought by Punjab government, Badal replied
Amarinder was "living in a world of hallucinations fearing his
certain drubbing in ensuing assembly elections and he was
inventing new mantras every day to keep his depleting flock of
self-seeker followers together".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency