Krishna`s faux pas sends "wrong" message: Sukhbir
Jalandhar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal on Monday said the faux pas by External
Affairs Minister S M Krishna at the United Nations in has sent
a "wrong message" about India`s seriousness in bid for a
permanent seat in the Security Council.
He alleged the "unfortunate episode" has reflected India
in a poor light in the international diplomatic fora.
Answering questions of mediapersons here, Badal questioned
"how can we expect that such an External Affair Minister to
protect India`s position in the UN on sensitive issues like
Jammu and Kashmir?"
He said at a time when India is trying hard to secure a
permanent seat in the Security Council, the blunder by the
External Affairs Minister has sent a wrong message regarding
the seriousness of India on this front".
Krishna had last week inadvertently begun reading out
from the speech of Portugal Foreign Minister`s speech before
he realized the mistake.
Badal said the series of alleged scams in telecom and
space sectors have sent "shock waves" among the community of
Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) and there had been
"record withdrawal" of investment by them in the last few
Asked about former chief minister Amarinder Singh`s
comments about writing to the union government to stop the Rs
3500 crores grant sought by Punjab government, Badal replied
Amarinder was "living in a world of hallucinations fearing his
certain drubbing in ensuing assembly elections and he was
inventing new mantras every day to keep his depleting flock of
self-seeker followers together".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview