`Laws related to persons with disabilities be implemented strictly`
Chandigarh: Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Prasanna Kumar Pincha on Thursday said laws related to persons with disabilities should be strictly implemented in all states.
Pincha was here to review the status of implementation of Persons with Disabilities Act in the state, an official release said here.
Lauding the efforts of Punjab government with regard to rationalising policy for issuing Disability Certificates, he appreciated the government`s move to recruit persons with disabilities by reserving 3 per cent seats in jobs.
"Punjab is the only state which has adopted reservation policy in promotions for disabled," he noted.
Pincha stressed that every child with disability should have access to free education in an appropriate environment till he attains the age of 18 years and said state governments should initiate development of new assisting devices, teaching aids and special teaching materials to provide a child with disability.
He further sought said that steps should be taken to provide transport facilities to children with disabilities or financial aid be given to their parents or guardians to enable their children with disabilities attend schools.
Pincha said schemes to favour persons with disabilities should be given preferential allotment of land at concession rates for houses and special schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog