LoC killings: Badal bashes UPA govt
Gidderbaha (Pb): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said the killing of five Indian soldiers along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch sector showed the UPA government has failed on all fronts and has no moral right to continue in power.
The Congress-led government has failed in preserving the internal and external security of the country, Badal told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"Countries like China and Pakistan have been repeatedly violating border treaties while our internal situation is highly volatile due to insurgencies and Maoist problems," he said.
"The LoC killings show the UPA government has failed on all fronts and has no moral right to continue," Badal said.
In Ropar, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said the country was losing face at every international forum due to "weak policies" of the Congress-led UPA government.
Even Nepal and Bangladesh are threatening India, he said.
"India has failed to send a strong message to Pakistan after the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. With its repeated incursions, Pakistan is exposing the hollowness of the government," the SAD chief said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons
- Gunmen kill at least eight in Munich shopping mall, shooters on the run
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators