LoC killings: Badal bashes UPA govt
Gidderbaha (Pb): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said the killing of five Indian soldiers along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch sector showed the UPA government has failed on all fronts and has no moral right to continue in power.
The Congress-led government has failed in preserving the internal and external security of the country, Badal told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
"Countries like China and Pakistan have been repeatedly violating border treaties while our internal situation is highly volatile due to insurgencies and Maoist problems," he said.
"The LoC killings show the UPA government has failed on all fronts and has no moral right to continue," Badal said.
In Ropar, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said the country was losing face at every international forum due to "weak policies" of the Congress-led UPA government.
Even Nepal and Bangladesh are threatening India, he said.
"India has failed to send a strong message to Pakistan after the 26/11 Mumbai attacks. With its repeated incursions, Pakistan is exposing the hollowness of the government," the SAD chief said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive