Lokpal to inquire Badal into land grab complaint
Chandigarh: In more trouble for Chief
Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Punjab Lokpal on Tuesday ordered an
inquiry into an alleged land grab complaint filed against him
and his ministerial colleague Ranjit Singh Brahmpura.
The inquiry was ordered on a petition filed by an NGO here
which alleged that 282 acres of common land at Badaphul
village in Ropar district of the state was illegally taken
over by the two.
The NGO alleged that Badal in connivance with Brahmpura
ignored the state government`s notification of 2007 that
village common land cannot be sold to anyone or it cannot be
transferred in anyone`s name.
Badal took the land in its possession and planted popular
and other crops on it in violation of rules and regulations,
the NGO alleged.
The Lokpal recorded the statements and evidence given by
the NGO to support its contention. It asked its IG to inquire
into the complaint and file a report by December 20.
Meanwhile, Badal was not available for comment. Party
sources said that they will not speak on the issue till
the inquiry is completed.
In September, the Lokpal had ordered inquiry into
allegations of irregularities against Badals in plying of
private buses in Punjab while in August the ombudsman ordered
a probe into a complaint on "illegal occupation" of prime
government land in Kapurthala district by former Shiromani
Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee chief Jagir Kaur allegedly at
the behest of Chief Minister Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27