Lokpal to inquire Badal into land grab complaint
Chandigarh: In more trouble for Chief
Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Punjab Lokpal on Tuesday ordered an
inquiry into an alleged land grab complaint filed against him
and his ministerial colleague Ranjit Singh Brahmpura.
The inquiry was ordered on a petition filed by an NGO here
which alleged that 282 acres of common land at Badaphul
village in Ropar district of the state was illegally taken
over by the two.
The NGO alleged that Badal in connivance with Brahmpura
ignored the state government`s notification of 2007 that
village common land cannot be sold to anyone or it cannot be
transferred in anyone`s name.
Badal took the land in its possession and planted popular
and other crops on it in violation of rules and regulations,
the NGO alleged.
The Lokpal recorded the statements and evidence given by
the NGO to support its contention. It asked its IG to inquire
into the complaint and file a report by December 20.
Meanwhile, Badal was not available for comment. Party
sources said that they will not speak on the issue till
the inquiry is completed.
In September, the Lokpal had ordered inquiry into
allegations of irregularities against Badals in plying of
private buses in Punjab while in August the ombudsman ordered
a probe into a complaint on "illegal occupation" of prime
government land in Kapurthala district by former Shiromani
Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee chief Jagir Kaur allegedly at
the behest of Chief Minister Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing