Lokpal to inquire Badal into land grab complaint
Chandigarh: In more trouble for Chief
Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Punjab Lokpal on Tuesday ordered an
inquiry into an alleged land grab complaint filed against him
and his ministerial colleague Ranjit Singh Brahmpura.
The inquiry was ordered on a petition filed by an NGO here
which alleged that 282 acres of common land at Badaphul
village in Ropar district of the state was illegally taken
over by the two.
The NGO alleged that Badal in connivance with Brahmpura
ignored the state government`s notification of 2007 that
village common land cannot be sold to anyone or it cannot be
transferred in anyone`s name.
Badal took the land in its possession and planted popular
and other crops on it in violation of rules and regulations,
the NGO alleged.
The Lokpal recorded the statements and evidence given by
the NGO to support its contention. It asked its IG to inquire
into the complaint and file a report by December 20.
Meanwhile, Badal was not available for comment. Party
sources said that they will not speak on the issue till
the inquiry is completed.
In September, the Lokpal had ordered inquiry into
allegations of irregularities against Badals in plying of
private buses in Punjab while in August the ombudsman ordered
a probe into a complaint on "illegal occupation" of prime
government land in Kapurthala district by former Shiromani
Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee chief Jagir Kaur allegedly at
the behest of Chief Minister Badal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India