Low intensity blast in Punjab injures over five
Chandigarh: At least seven people were injured in a low intensity blast in Patiala, near a temple in a busy market, late in the evening on Monday.
The blast that occurred near Satyanarayana Temple, caused destruction of property in the vicinity.
The injured have been rushed to the nearest hospital. A bomb squad has reached the spot and the police is sanitizing the area.
The cause of the blast is not known and the police are looking into the matter. Variou agencies have swung into rescue operations.
The injury toll could go up as Tuesday is a busy day for Hindu temples.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?