Low intensity blast in Punjab injures over five
Chandigarh: At least seven people were injured in a low intensity blast in Patiala, near a temple in a busy market, late in the evening on Monday.
The blast that occurred near Satyanarayana Temple, caused destruction of property in the vicinity.
The injured have been rushed to the nearest hospital. A bomb squad has reached the spot and the police is sanitizing the area.
The cause of the blast is not known and the police are looking into the matter. Variou agencies have swung into rescue operations.
The injury toll could go up as Tuesday is a busy day for Hindu temples.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in