Low intensity blast in Punjab injures over five
Chandigarh: At least seven people were injured in a low intensity blast in Patiala, near a temple in a busy market, late in the evening on Monday.
The blast that occurred near Satyanarayana Temple, caused destruction of property in the vicinity.
The injured have been rushed to the nearest hospital. A bomb squad has reached the spot and the police is sanitizing the area.
The cause of the blast is not known and the police are looking into the matter. Variou agencies have swung into rescue operations.
The injury toll could go up as Tuesday is a busy day for Hindu temples.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez