Low intensity blast in Punjab injures over five
Chandigarh: At least seven people were injured in a low intensity blast in Patiala, near a temple in a busy market, late in the evening on Monday.
The blast that occurred near Satyanarayana Temple, caused destruction of property in the vicinity.
The injured have been rushed to the nearest hospital. A bomb squad has reached the spot and the police is sanitizing the area.
The cause of the blast is not known and the police are looking into the matter. Variou agencies have swung into rescue operations.
The injury toll could go up as Tuesday is a busy day for Hindu temples.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof