Low intensity blast in Punjab injures over five
Chandigarh: At least seven people were injured in a low intensity blast in Patiala, near a temple in a busy market, late in the evening on Monday.
The blast that occurred near Satyanarayana Temple, caused destruction of property in the vicinity.
The injured have been rushed to the nearest hospital. A bomb squad has reached the spot and the police is sanitizing the area.
The cause of the blast is not known and the police are looking into the matter. Variou agencies have swung into rescue operations.
The injury toll could go up as Tuesday is a busy day for Hindu temples.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands