Lt Navdeep Singh cremated with full state honours
Gurdaspur: The body of Lieutenant Navdeep
Singh of 15 Maratha Light Infantry, killed in a gunbattle with
militants along the LoC on Saturday, was cremated with full
state honours here on Monday.
An Army contingent gave him the last salute by reversing
their arms and opening fire in the air.
Senior Army officials and political leaders attended the
cremation of 26-year-old Lieutenant who laid down his life for
the nation while fighting militants on the Line of Control in
Bagtor area in Jammu and Kashmir`s Gurez sector.
Twelve infiltrating militants were also killed in the
Punjab Education and Language Minister Sewa Singh
Sekhwan, who placed a wreath on behalf of Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal, announced that the bereaved family would
be given Rs two lakh and a plot.
A government job would also given to a family member by
the Punjab government, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress