Lt Navdeep Singh cremated with full state honours
Gurdaspur: The body of Lieutenant Navdeep
Singh of 15 Maratha Light Infantry, killed in a gunbattle with
militants along the LoC on Saturday, was cremated with full
state honours here on Monday.
An Army contingent gave him the last salute by reversing
their arms and opening fire in the air.
Senior Army officials and political leaders attended the
cremation of 26-year-old Lieutenant who laid down his life for
the nation while fighting militants on the Line of Control in
Bagtor area in Jammu and Kashmir`s Gurez sector.
Twelve infiltrating militants were also killed in the
Punjab Education and Language Minister Sewa Singh
Sekhwan, who placed a wreath on behalf of Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal, announced that the bereaved family would
be given Rs two lakh and a plot.
A government job would also given to a family member by
the Punjab government, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016