Lt Navdeep Singh cremated with full state honours
Gurdaspur: The body of Lieutenant Navdeep
Singh of 15 Maratha Light Infantry, killed in a gunbattle with
militants along the LoC on Saturday, was cremated with full
state honours here on Monday.
An Army contingent gave him the last salute by reversing
their arms and opening fire in the air.
Senior Army officials and political leaders attended the
cremation of 26-year-old Lieutenant who laid down his life for
the nation while fighting militants on the Line of Control in
Bagtor area in Jammu and Kashmir`s Gurez sector.
Twelve infiltrating militants were also killed in the
Punjab Education and Language Minister Sewa Singh
Sekhwan, who placed a wreath on behalf of Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal, announced that the bereaved family would
be given Rs two lakh and a plot.
A government job would also given to a family member by
the Punjab government, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress