Mahila Cong to wave black flags at Modi during his Punjab trip
Phagwara (Pb): Mahila Congress activists would wave black flags at BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi during his proposed visit to Punjab on December 21 to address a rally in Moga.
Punjab Pradesh Mahila Congress president Malti Thapar, who hails from Moga, accused Modi of carrying out surveillance on a woman in Gujarat "negating her right to privacy" and claimed that the people wouldn`t support such a person.
Asserting that the so-called "Modi factor was no factor" at all in the coming Lok Sabha elections, Thapar accused Modi of communalising and polarising the country`s politics.
"Wherever Modi goes to address rally, he leaves behind a trail of miserable defeat for his party or its allies. This will prove true for Punjab too as the SAD-BJP combine is bound to get a nasty drubbing in LS polls," she said.
Dubbing the Punjab government a "mafia", Thapar alleged that there was a nexus between ruling Akali Dal leaders, drug mafia and a section of police. To substantiate it, she referred to the alleged involvement of Akali leader Maninder Singh Aulakh in the multi-crore drug racket.
"What action has Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal taken against Akali MLA Amarpal Singh Bony Ajnala whose gunmen and beacon-fitted car Aulakh had used?" she asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!