Main accused in Faridkot minor rape case arrested
Faridkot: The main accused in the case of abduction and rape of a 15-year-old Dalit girl has been arrested, police said Monday.
Sources said that the accused, Jagmeet Singh, who was on Sunday discharged from hospital where he was admitted after allegedly consuming poison, is now in police custody.
The minor was last Thursday allegedly abducted by three persons from Matta village and raped by one of them in the Jaito area of the district.
Later, on the basis of a complaint filed by the girl, a student of class X, a case was registered against the trio identified as Jagmeet, Jagseer Singh and Sukhchain Singh.
Jagmeet, the main accused, however, could not be taken into custody since he was admitted in a serious condition at the Guru Gobind Singh Medical College for reportedly having consumed poison.
Although police arrested Jagseer on January 5, the third accused, Sukhchain, is still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch