Main accused in Faridkot minor rape case arrested
Faridkot: The main accused in the case of abduction and rape of a 15-year-old Dalit girl has been arrested, police said Monday.
Sources said that the accused, Jagmeet Singh, who was on Sunday discharged from hospital where he was admitted after allegedly consuming poison, is now in police custody.
The minor was last Thursday allegedly abducted by three persons from Matta village and raped by one of them in the Jaito area of the district.
Later, on the basis of a complaint filed by the girl, a student of class X, a case was registered against the trio identified as Jagmeet, Jagseer Singh and Sukhchain Singh.
Jagmeet, the main accused, however, could not be taken into custody since he was admitted in a serious condition at the Guru Gobind Singh Medical College for reportedly having consumed poison.
Although police arrested Jagseer on January 5, the third accused, Sukhchain, is still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?