Main accused in Punjab hooch tragedy arrested
Gurdaspur: The prime accused in the illicit liquor tragedy in Johal Nangal and Balewal villages of the district, which had claimed 13 lives, was arrested on Wednesday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, Janak Maish, who allegedly sold the spurious liquor to the victims were arrested this morning, they said.
Meanwhile, the Batala police have apprehended five liquor smugglers from the district.
Assistant Taxation and Excise Commissioner(AETC), Gurdaspur, P S Parmar said that in the last four months, the department had conducted raids at different places in the district during which large quantity of illicit liquor was recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price