Major reshuffle in Punjab police
Chandigarh: In a major shake up in the police department, Punjab government on Wednesday transferred 27 senior officers, including five district police chiefs.
Five districts - Fathegarh Sahib, Patiala, Sangrur, Faridkot and Fazilka will now have new Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), an official spokesman said here adding, among the transferred cops, 12 are from IPS cadre and rest from the Punjab Police Service (PPS).
The transfers have been done on "administrative grounds in public interest," he said.
DGP (Prisons) Sanjiv Gupta becomes DGP (Power Utilities) and S K Asthana, who was awaiting posting, will be the new Inspector General of Police (IGP) Power Utilities, he said.
Ishwar Chander, IGP Training-cum-Additional Director Punjab Police Academy (PPA) at Phillaur will be IGP Border Zone-Amritsar, in place of R P Mittal.
B Chandrashekhar, IG-cum-Director Economic Offences Wing has been posted as IGP Zonal-II Jalandhar in place of Gurpreet Deo, who becomes IGP Training-cum-Additional Director PPA at Phillaur.
RP Mittal, IGP Border Zone-Amritsar has been transferred as IGP Commando Battalion at Bahadurgarh in place of Tehal Singh Dhaliwal, who will be IGP Internal Vigilance Cell, among other transfers and postings, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed