Man booked for murder of wife, daughter
Nurmahal (Jalandhar): The bodies of a
woman and her daughter, who went missing in the district, were
recovered today from a dried up well, as the police registered
a murder case against her husband and father-in-law.
Rekha along with her children -- daughter Komal (2)
and son Harman (6) -- had gone missing from village Rampur on
Friday, police said.
Her family and relatives along with the police started
searching for them and today they were found in a nearly 45
feet deep dried up well located outside the village.
While all three of them lay still and no one had any
hope, yet Harman was found breathing. The boy was immediately
rushed to Civil Hospital here, police said.
Police officials said her brother had complained to
the police that her husband Harjinder Pal and father-in-law
Satpal were allegedly harassing her and her relations with her
husband were "strained".
The complainant alleged that though she was missing
since Friday Harjinder informed them only on Sunday, police
Though a murder case was registered against her
husband and father-in-law yet police officials said they would
investigate if she was thrown into the well or jumped on her
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister