Man booked for murder of wife, daughter
Nurmahal (Jalandhar): The bodies of a
woman and her daughter, who went missing in the district, were
recovered today from a dried up well, as the police registered
a murder case against her husband and father-in-law.
Rekha along with her children -- daughter Komal (2)
and son Harman (6) -- had gone missing from village Rampur on
Friday, police said.
Her family and relatives along with the police started
searching for them and today they were found in a nearly 45
feet deep dried up well located outside the village.
While all three of them lay still and no one had any
hope, yet Harman was found breathing. The boy was immediately
rushed to Civil Hospital here, police said.
Police officials said her brother had complained to
the police that her husband Harjinder Pal and father-in-law
Satpal were allegedly harassing her and her relations with her
husband were "strained".
The complainant alleged that though she was missing
since Friday Harjinder informed them only on Sunday, police
Though a murder case was registered against her
husband and father-in-law yet police officials said they would
investigate if she was thrown into the well or jumped on her
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation