Man booked for murder of wife, daughter
Nurmahal (Jalandhar): The bodies of a
woman and her daughter, who went missing in the district, were
recovered today from a dried up well, as the police registered
a murder case against her husband and father-in-law.
Rekha along with her children -- daughter Komal (2)
and son Harman (6) -- had gone missing from village Rampur on
Friday, police said.
Her family and relatives along with the police started
searching for them and today they were found in a nearly 45
feet deep dried up well located outside the village.
While all three of them lay still and no one had any
hope, yet Harman was found breathing. The boy was immediately
rushed to Civil Hospital here, police said.
Police officials said her brother had complained to
the police that her husband Harjinder Pal and father-in-law
Satpal were allegedly harassing her and her relations with her
husband were "strained".
The complainant alleged that though she was missing
since Friday Harjinder informed them only on Sunday, police
Though a murder case was registered against her
husband and father-in-law yet police officials said they would
investigate if she was thrown into the well or jumped on her
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’