Man drugged on train, robbed
Phagwara: An employee of a rice mill was drugged and robbed of Rs two lakh in a train here, police said here on Saturday.
Tarsem Lal, a foreman of Mahavir Rice Mill in Phillaur returning from Kapurthala, was found lying unconscious on a platform at a local railway station today.
Later, Lal told police that he boarded the Katihar Express from Jalandhar after collecting the money from a person last night. However, on way he was drugged and robbed of the cash by some unknown people, who later threw him at Phagwara railway station.
Police is investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured