Man drugged on train, robbed
Phagwara: An employee of a rice mill was drugged and robbed of Rs two lakh in a train here, police said here on Saturday.
Tarsem Lal, a foreman of Mahavir Rice Mill in Phillaur returning from Kapurthala, was found lying unconscious on a platform at a local railway station today.
Later, Lal told police that he boarded the Katihar Express from Jalandhar after collecting the money from a person last night. However, on way he was drugged and robbed of the cash by some unknown people, who later threw him at Phagwara railway station.
Police is investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third
- Joint Admission Board forms panel to suggest ways to boost number of women in IITs
- Revealed! How Diana Penty prepped up for her character in 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' – Details inside
- No more surge pricing for Ola, Uber, others; all taxis to charge govt-set fares in Delhi from today