Man drugged on train, robbed
Phagwara: An employee of a rice mill was drugged and robbed of Rs two lakh in a train here, police said here on Saturday.
Tarsem Lal, a foreman of Mahavir Rice Mill in Phillaur returning from Kapurthala, was found lying unconscious on a platform at a local railway station today.
Later, Lal told police that he boarded the Katihar Express from Jalandhar after collecting the money from a person last night. However, on way he was drugged and robbed of the cash by some unknown people, who later threw him at Phagwara railway station.
Police is investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender