Man gets life imprisonment for rape of minor
Kurukshetra: A man was on Thursday sentenced to
life imprisonment by a local court in connection with the
kidnap and rape of a minor girl.
The district and sessions judge, Kurukshetra Balbir
Singh also ordered the convict to pay a fine of Rs 35,000.
According to the prosecution, a woman had lodged a
complaint with the police that a man named Ashok Kumar of
Karnal met her, when she, along with her daughter, were on
their way to the market here on June 2 this year.
Kumar asked the woman to send her daughter to his house
so that he could pay Rs 10,000, which he owed to the woman`s
Kumar took the minor girl with her, but went to Ambala
instead. He raped the minor, who was later recovered after two
days from Ambala.
The police subsequently arrested the accused on the
complaint lodged by the victim`s parents and a trial was held
in the sessions court.
The court held Kumar guilty after hearing both
prosecution and the defence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka