Man gets life imprisonment for rape of minor
Kurukshetra: A man was on Thursday sentenced to
life imprisonment by a local court in connection with the
kidnap and rape of a minor girl.
The district and sessions judge, Kurukshetra Balbir
Singh also ordered the convict to pay a fine of Rs 35,000.
According to the prosecution, a woman had lodged a
complaint with the police that a man named Ashok Kumar of
Karnal met her, when she, along with her daughter, were on
their way to the market here on June 2 this year.
Kumar asked the woman to send her daughter to his house
so that he could pay Rs 10,000, which he owed to the woman`s
Kumar took the minor girl with her, but went to Ambala
instead. He raped the minor, who was later recovered after two
days from Ambala.
The police subsequently arrested the accused on the
complaint lodged by the victim`s parents and a trial was held
in the sessions court.
The court held Kumar guilty after hearing both
prosecution and the defence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city