Man gets life imprisonment for rape of minor
Kurukshetra: A man was on Thursday sentenced to
life imprisonment by a local court in connection with the
kidnap and rape of a minor girl.
The district and sessions judge, Kurukshetra Balbir
Singh also ordered the convict to pay a fine of Rs 35,000.
According to the prosecution, a woman had lodged a
complaint with the police that a man named Ashok Kumar of
Karnal met her, when she, along with her daughter, were on
their way to the market here on June 2 this year.
Kumar asked the woman to send her daughter to his house
so that he could pay Rs 10,000, which he owed to the woman`s
Kumar took the minor girl with her, but went to Ambala
instead. He raped the minor, who was later recovered after two
days from Ambala.
The police subsequently arrested the accused on the
complaint lodged by the victim`s parents and a trial was held
in the sessions court.
The court held Kumar guilty after hearing both
prosecution and the defence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack