Man gets lifer for raping minor stepdaughter
Fatehgarh Sahib: A court, Monday, awarded life imprisonment to a man for sexually assaulting his minor stepdaughter.
District sessions judge GS Gill also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on Pardeep Chatri as compensation to the girl.
The trial in the case was concluded within three months from the beginning of the trial. On December 27 last year, police had registered a case against Chatri.
Chatri had married the girl`s mother about five years ago. The woman had two children, including the 11-year-old rape victim, from her previous marriage.
During the hearing in the court, the victim had said that whenever her mother went out for work, her stepfather used to sexually assault her. He had threatened of killing her if she disclosed it to anybody, she had said.
While accepting the testimony of the girl, the court also held that the medical evidence corroborated her statement.
The court observed that there could not be more shocking and heinous crime than the rape of a minor girl by her father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’