Man gets lifer for raping minor stepdaughter
Fatehgarh Sahib: A court, Monday, awarded life imprisonment to a man for sexually assaulting his minor stepdaughter.
District sessions judge GS Gill also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on Pardeep Chatri as compensation to the girl.
The trial in the case was concluded within three months from the beginning of the trial. On December 27 last year, police had registered a case against Chatri.
Chatri had married the girl`s mother about five years ago. The woman had two children, including the 11-year-old rape victim, from her previous marriage.
During the hearing in the court, the victim had said that whenever her mother went out for work, her stepfather used to sexually assault her. He had threatened of killing her if she disclosed it to anybody, she had said.
While accepting the testimony of the girl, the court also held that the medical evidence corroborated her statement.
The court observed that there could not be more shocking and heinous crime than the rape of a minor girl by her father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America