Man gets lifer for raping minor stepdaughter
Fatehgarh Sahib: A court, Monday, awarded life imprisonment to a man for sexually assaulting his minor stepdaughter.
District sessions judge GS Gill also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on Pardeep Chatri as compensation to the girl.
The trial in the case was concluded within three months from the beginning of the trial. On December 27 last year, police had registered a case against Chatri.
Chatri had married the girl`s mother about five years ago. The woman had two children, including the 11-year-old rape victim, from her previous marriage.
During the hearing in the court, the victim had said that whenever her mother went out for work, her stepfather used to sexually assault her. He had threatened of killing her if she disclosed it to anybody, she had said.
While accepting the testimony of the girl, the court also held that the medical evidence corroborated her statement.
The court observed that there could not be more shocking and heinous crime than the rape of a minor girl by her father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble