Man killed by eve teaser for protecting daughter
Batala: A man was hacked to death by a youth while trying to protect his daughter from the eve teaser in the Kot Majlis village here, police said on Saturday.
Suman Kumar was brutally murdered by one Sabi, who also resides in Kot Majlis village under Qila Lal Singh Police Station last night, they said.
According to police, Kumar on several occasions had asked Sabi to stop eve teasing his daughter and six months back he had brought the issue to the knowledge of village Panchayat.
Last evening, Sabi went near the girl`s house and Kumar raised an objection over the issue, police said.
Sabi went back and returned soon after with a sharp-edged weapon, they said adding, the youth murdered Kumar with the weapon and managed to escape.
On the complaint made by Kumar`s wife Geeta, a case under various sections of IPC has been registered against Sabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog