Man killed by eve teaser for protecting daughter
Batala: A man was hacked to death by a youth while trying to protect his daughter from the eve teaser in the Kot Majlis village here, police said on Saturday.
Suman Kumar was brutally murdered by one Sabi, who also resides in Kot Majlis village under Qila Lal Singh Police Station last night, they said.
According to police, Kumar on several occasions had asked Sabi to stop eve teasing his daughter and six months back he had brought the issue to the knowledge of village Panchayat.
Last evening, Sabi went near the girl`s house and Kumar raised an objection over the issue, police said.
Sabi went back and returned soon after with a sharp-edged weapon, they said adding, the youth murdered Kumar with the weapon and managed to escape.
On the complaint made by Kumar`s wife Geeta, a case under various sections of IPC has been registered against Sabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31