Man kills estranged wife, kidnaps son in Punjab
Amritsar: A man allegedly shot dead his estranged wife when she was going to court to attend a hearing in a dowry case against him and abducted their son from the spot, police said.
According to the police, accused Parkash Singh shot dead his wife Ranjit Kaur from point blank range.
The duo were married since 2005 but Ranjit was staying with her parents along with their son, police said, adding that she had filed a dowry case against Singh for which hearing was scheduled for today.
SSP Amritsar (Rural) Preetpal Singh Virk said that that accused Parkash Singh after killing his estranged wife, abducted their son and fled from the spot.
Police has registered a case under IPC sections 302(Murder)and 364 (Kidnapping) against the accused.
Various police teams have been dispatched to nab the accused, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video