Man kills estranged wife, kidnaps son in Punjab
Amritsar: A man allegedly shot dead his estranged wife when she was going to court to attend a hearing in a dowry case against him and abducted their son from the spot, police said.
According to the police, accused Parkash Singh shot dead his wife Ranjit Kaur from point blank range.
The duo were married since 2005 but Ranjit was staying with her parents along with their son, police said, adding that she had filed a dowry case against Singh for which hearing was scheduled for today.
SSP Amritsar (Rural) Preetpal Singh Virk said that that accused Parkash Singh after killing his estranged wife, abducted their son and fled from the spot.
Police has registered a case under IPC sections 302(Murder)and 364 (Kidnapping) against the accused.
Various police teams have been dispatched to nab the accused, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’