Man kills estranged wife, kidnaps son in Punjab
Amritsar: A man allegedly shot dead his estranged wife when she was going to court to attend a hearing in a dowry case against him and abducted their son from the spot, police said.
According to the police, accused Parkash Singh shot dead his wife Ranjit Kaur from point blank range.
The duo were married since 2005 but Ranjit was staying with her parents along with their son, police said, adding that she had filed a dowry case against Singh for which hearing was scheduled for today.
SSP Amritsar (Rural) Preetpal Singh Virk said that that accused Parkash Singh after killing his estranged wife, abducted their son and fled from the spot.
Police has registered a case under IPC sections 302(Murder)and 364 (Kidnapping) against the accused.
Various police teams have been dispatched to nab the accused, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference