Man kills girl with sword after she spurns his proposal
Batala: A 22-year-old woman was allegedly murdered with a sword by a man whose marriage proposal the victim had repeatedly turned down at Kandila village near here.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Parminder Singh said that Baljinder Kaur (22), a resident of Kandila village was returning to her house with her sister after paying obeisance at Gurdwara Nanak Sar when Kuldip Singh alias Heera (24), a resident of Natt village attacked and killed her last night with a sword.
Kuldeep was keen to marry the victim, but she was refuting his proposal, the DSP added.
After being repeatedly spurned by the victim, infuriated Kuldeep last night killed her, the DSP said.
Police have arrested the accused and further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details