Man kills girl with sword after she spurns his proposal
Batala: A 22-year-old woman was allegedly murdered with a sword by a man whose marriage proposal the victim had repeatedly turned down at Kandila village near here.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Parminder Singh said that Baljinder Kaur (22), a resident of Kandila village was returning to her house with her sister after paying obeisance at Gurdwara Nanak Sar when Kuldip Singh alias Heera (24), a resident of Natt village attacked and killed her last night with a sword.
Kuldeep was keen to marry the victim, but she was refuting his proposal, the DSP added.
After being repeatedly spurned by the victim, infuriated Kuldeep last night killed her, the DSP said.
Police have arrested the accused and further investigation is on.
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- IIT-Bombay survey: 95% freshers never had sex, 75% have no problem with homosexuality
- WATCH: Ugly fight between Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina during ODI match vs West Indies
- Lenovo Vibe S1 gets Android 6.0 Marshmallow update
- 'Uncle, please send my sister's rapists to jail'- 16-year-old boy writes to PM Narendra Modi seeking justice for his minor sibling