Man kills sister over liquor
Hoshiarpur (Punjab): A habitual drunkard, who was recently sacked as security guard of a private bank, shot dead his sister and injured his sister-in-law when they tried to stop him from selling household articles for buying liquor, police said here on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday at Bains Awan village.
According to police, Dalip Singh in an inebriated condition fired at his sister Nirmal Kaur and sister-in-law Manjit after they prevented him from selling household articles for buying alcohol.
The women were rushed to Tanda Civil Hospital from where they were referred to a hospital in Jalandhar. While Nirmal succumbed to her injuries during treatment, Manjit is in critical condition, officials said.
Search is on to nab Dalip, who fled after committing the crime.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan