Man kills sister over liquor
Hoshiarpur (Punjab): A habitual drunkard, who was recently sacked as security guard of a private bank, shot dead his sister and injured his sister-in-law when they tried to stop him from selling household articles for buying liquor, police said here on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday at Bains Awan village.
According to police, Dalip Singh in an inebriated condition fired at his sister Nirmal Kaur and sister-in-law Manjit after they prevented him from selling household articles for buying alcohol.
The women were rushed to Tanda Civil Hospital from where they were referred to a hospital in Jalandhar. While Nirmal succumbed to her injuries during treatment, Manjit is in critical condition, officials said.
Search is on to nab Dalip, who fled after committing the crime.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living