Man kills sister over liquor
Hoshiarpur (Punjab): A habitual drunkard, who was recently sacked as security guard of a private bank, shot dead his sister and injured his sister-in-law when they tried to stop him from selling household articles for buying liquor, police said here on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday at Bains Awan village.
According to police, Dalip Singh in an inebriated condition fired at his sister Nirmal Kaur and sister-in-law Manjit after they prevented him from selling household articles for buying alcohol.
The women were rushed to Tanda Civil Hospital from where they were referred to a hospital in Jalandhar. While Nirmal succumbed to her injuries during treatment, Manjit is in critical condition, officials said.
Search is on to nab Dalip, who fled after committing the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui