Man kills sister over liquor
Hoshiarpur (Punjab): A habitual drunkard, who was recently sacked as security guard of a private bank, shot dead his sister and injured his sister-in-law when they tried to stop him from selling household articles for buying liquor, police said here on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday at Bains Awan village.
According to police, Dalip Singh in an inebriated condition fired at his sister Nirmal Kaur and sister-in-law Manjit after they prevented him from selling household articles for buying alcohol.
The women were rushed to Tanda Civil Hospital from where they were referred to a hospital in Jalandhar. While Nirmal succumbed to her injuries during treatment, Manjit is in critical condition, officials said.
Search is on to nab Dalip, who fled after committing the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation