Man kills wife, two daughters in Patiala
Patiala: Dejected by unemployment, a man allegedly throttled his wife and two daughters to death at his residence in Virk colony here Friday, police said.
Gurmit Singh (43), strangulated his wife Ramanpreet (38), and their two daughters Prabhdeep (15) and Kamalpreet (12), as he was suffering from depression and had bad financial conditions due to unemployment, police said.
After killing his wife and daughters, Gurmit made two unsuccessful attempts to commit suicide, they said.
After his first attempt to cut his wrist failed, Gurmit drove to Bhakhra Canal, allegedly to jump into it, but his scooter got punctured near Kauli, 18 Km from here, they said.
He was then caught by the police, who were chasing him.
Before murdering his wife and two daughters, Gurmit had send his third daughter, Ekamjot (8) to his brother`s house, police said, adding, the investigation in the case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars