Man kills wife, two daughters in Patiala
Patiala: Dejected by unemployment, a man allegedly throttled his wife and two daughters to death at his residence in Virk colony here Friday, police said.
Gurmit Singh (43), strangulated his wife Ramanpreet (38), and their two daughters Prabhdeep (15) and Kamalpreet (12), as he was suffering from depression and had bad financial conditions due to unemployment, police said.
After killing his wife and daughters, Gurmit made two unsuccessful attempts to commit suicide, they said.
After his first attempt to cut his wrist failed, Gurmit drove to Bhakhra Canal, allegedly to jump into it, but his scooter got punctured near Kauli, 18 Km from here, they said.
He was then caught by the police, who were chasing him.
Before murdering his wife and two daughters, Gurmit had send his third daughter, Ekamjot (8) to his brother`s house, police said, adding, the investigation in the case is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!