Man sentenced to 10 yrs jail for `rape` on promise
Amritsar: A local court sentenced a man to 10 years imprisonment for raping a woman on false promise of marriage.
Additional Sessions Judge Nelam Arora sentenced Rakesh Kumar to 10 years jail and slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on him in the case which dates back to 2010.
Kumar had maintained sexual relations with the victim for nine days and promised to marry her.
However, he refused to marry her, prompting the woman to lodge a complaint with the police. The accused was arrested on the basis of the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Una incident: Dalit writer Amrutlal Makwana returns award
- Wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh returns to Odisha, says he was on vacation
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video