Man sentenced to 10 yrs jail for `rape` on promise
Amritsar: A local court sentenced a man to 10 years imprisonment for raping a woman on false promise of marriage.
Additional Sessions Judge Nelam Arora sentenced Rakesh Kumar to 10 years jail and slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on him in the case which dates back to 2010.
Kumar had maintained sexual relations with the victim for nine days and promised to marry her.
However, he refused to marry her, prompting the woman to lodge a complaint with the police. The accused was arrested on the basis of the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!