Man sentenced to 10 yrs jail for `rape` on promise
Amritsar: A local court sentenced a man to 10 years imprisonment for raping a woman on false promise of marriage.
Additional Sessions Judge Nelam Arora sentenced Rakesh Kumar to 10 years jail and slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on him in the case which dates back to 2010.
Kumar had maintained sexual relations with the victim for nine days and promised to marry her.
However, he refused to marry her, prompting the woman to lodge a complaint with the police. The accused was arrested on the basis of the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot