Man sentenced to 10 yrs jail for `rape` on promise
Amritsar: A local court sentenced a man to 10 years imprisonment for raping a woman on false promise of marriage.
Additional Sessions Judge Nelam Arora sentenced Rakesh Kumar to 10 years jail and slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on him in the case which dates back to 2010.
Kumar had maintained sexual relations with the victim for nine days and promised to marry her.
However, he refused to marry her, prompting the woman to lodge a complaint with the police. The accused was arrested on the basis of the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise