Man sentenced to 10 yrs jail for `rape` on promise
Amritsar: A local court sentenced a man to 10 years imprisonment for raping a woman on false promise of marriage.
Additional Sessions Judge Nelam Arora sentenced Rakesh Kumar to 10 years jail and slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on him in the case which dates back to 2010.
Kumar had maintained sexual relations with the victim for nine days and promised to marry her.
However, he refused to marry her, prompting the woman to lodge a complaint with the police. The accused was arrested on the basis of the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic