Man sentenced to life term for killing wife
Moga : A local court has awarded life term to a person for killing his wife.
Sessions Judge G S Bakshi, yesterday, held Swaranjit Singh guilty for strangulating his wife Sukhwinder Kaur to death on November 8, 2012.
Brother of victim Bhupinder Singh had complained to police that Swaranjit Singh, a resident of Lopon village in the district, had killed his sister following a dispute between husband and wife over some issue.
Judge, who pronounced the verdict, also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on Swaranjit Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics