Man sentenced to life term for killing wife
Moga : A local court has awarded life term to a person for killing his wife.
Sessions Judge G S Bakshi, yesterday, held Swaranjit Singh guilty for strangulating his wife Sukhwinder Kaur to death on November 8, 2012.
Brother of victim Bhupinder Singh had complained to police that Swaranjit Singh, a resident of Lopon village in the district, had killed his sister following a dispute between husband and wife over some issue.
Judge, who pronounced the verdict, also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on Swaranjit Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights