Man sentenced to life term for killing wife
Moga : A local court has awarded life term to a person for killing his wife.
Sessions Judge G S Bakshi, yesterday, held Swaranjit Singh guilty for strangulating his wife Sukhwinder Kaur to death on November 8, 2012.
Brother of victim Bhupinder Singh had complained to police that Swaranjit Singh, a resident of Lopon village in the district, had killed his sister following a dispute between husband and wife over some issue.
Judge, who pronounced the verdict, also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on Swaranjit Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer