Man sentenced to life term for killing wife
Moga : A local court has awarded life term to a person for killing his wife.
Sessions Judge G S Bakshi, yesterday, held Swaranjit Singh guilty for strangulating his wife Sukhwinder Kaur to death on November 8, 2012.
Brother of victim Bhupinder Singh had complained to police that Swaranjit Singh, a resident of Lopon village in the district, had killed his sister following a dispute between husband and wife over some issue.
Judge, who pronounced the verdict, also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on Swaranjit Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'