Man sentenced to life term for killing wife
Moga : A local court has awarded life term to a person for killing his wife.
Sessions Judge G S Bakshi, yesterday, held Swaranjit Singh guilty for strangulating his wife Sukhwinder Kaur to death on November 8, 2012.
Brother of victim Bhupinder Singh had complained to police that Swaranjit Singh, a resident of Lopon village in the district, had killed his sister following a dispute between husband and wife over some issue.
Judge, who pronounced the verdict, also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on Swaranjit Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport