Man shot dead by son
Moga: A 60-year-old cement dealer was shot dead allegedly by his elder son over a family dispute in Landheke village of the district, police said on Saturday.
Jatinder Singh shot his father Gurdeep Singh twice leaving him dead on the spot at his residence yesterday, police said.
Dispute in the family over some issue led to the incident, police said.
Deceased Gurdeep was living separately on first floor of the house and his wife with other family members was living on the ground floor.
The accused Jatinder was "upset" over frequent fights and ultimately on Friday took the extreme step, police said.
Jatinder managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises