Man shot dead by son
Moga: A 60-year-old cement dealer was shot dead allegedly by his elder son over a family dispute in Landheke village of the district, police said on Saturday.
Jatinder Singh shot his father Gurdeep Singh twice leaving him dead on the spot at his residence yesterday, police said.
Dispute in the family over some issue led to the incident, police said.
Deceased Gurdeep was living separately on first floor of the house and his wife with other family members was living on the ground floor.
The accused Jatinder was "upset" over frequent fights and ultimately on Friday took the extreme step, police said.
Jatinder managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why