Manish Tewari charges Punjab govt with financial failures
Ludhiana: Charging the Punjab government
with financial failures, Congress spokesman Manish Tewari
on Saturday claimed the regime had incurred a debt of Rs 75,000
crore so far.
At a series of public meetings at villages Sohian,
Pona, Dhatt, Dakha, Mor Krima and Bharowal in Dakha assembly
segment, Tewari said, "Every year the state has to a pay an
interest of Rs 8000 crore. This is draining the state`s
economy and pushing it into bankruptcy so much so that the
government does not have enough money to pay the salaries to
He alleged the SAD-BJP government had proved to be the
most incompetent in the state since Independence.
Instead of mobilising resources and generating income,
this government has imposed additional taxes on the people
thus passing on the burden of its own incompetence on them, he
The grants provided to the panchayats and zila
parishads were from Central funds and the state did not pay a
penny on its own, he alleged.
Tewari also released Rs two lakh each for the villages
of Dhatt, Sohian, Pona, Bharowal, Mor Karima for various
projects while Rs five lakh was released for village Dhaka
from his MP`s local area development fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie