Manish Tewari charges Punjab govt with financial failures
Ludhiana: Charging the Punjab government
with financial failures, Congress spokesman Manish Tewari
on Saturday claimed the regime had incurred a debt of Rs 75,000
crore so far.
At a series of public meetings at villages Sohian,
Pona, Dhatt, Dakha, Mor Krima and Bharowal in Dakha assembly
segment, Tewari said, "Every year the state has to a pay an
interest of Rs 8000 crore. This is draining the state`s
economy and pushing it into bankruptcy so much so that the
government does not have enough money to pay the salaries to
He alleged the SAD-BJP government had proved to be the
most incompetent in the state since Independence.
Instead of mobilising resources and generating income,
this government has imposed additional taxes on the people
thus passing on the burden of its own incompetence on them, he
The grants provided to the panchayats and zila
parishads were from Central funds and the state did not pay a
penny on its own, he alleged.
Tewari also released Rs two lakh each for the villages
of Dhatt, Sohian, Pona, Bharowal, Mor Karima for various
projects while Rs five lakh was released for village Dhaka
from his MP`s local area development fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!