Manish Tewari flays municipal authorities
Ludhiana: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Wednesday lashed out at the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation (MC) authorities for allegedly discriminating against wards represented by Congress, saying the grants provided to them were "peanuts".
The Information and Broadcasting Minister and Ludhiana MP said there was a huge gap in the development grants provided by the authorities in Congress and Akali-BJP wards.
When asked for funds, the MC authorities always made an excuse saying it was short of funds and paid Congress` wards "peanuts", while funds were splurged at will in Akali-BJP wards, he said, addressing a public meeting at Lohara village in Ludhiana.
Warning the authorities of consequences, the minister said development cannot be carried out at whims and fancies of individuals and asked them to make it "uniform and indiscriminate".
Tewari said the Akali-BJP alliance must not take power for granted as people will teach them a lesson in the 2014 Parliamentary elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video