Manish Tewari flays municipal authorities
Ludhiana: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Wednesday lashed out at the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation (MC) authorities for allegedly discriminating against wards represented by Congress, saying the grants provided to them were "peanuts".
The Information and Broadcasting Minister and Ludhiana MP said there was a huge gap in the development grants provided by the authorities in Congress and Akali-BJP wards.
When asked for funds, the MC authorities always made an excuse saying it was short of funds and paid Congress` wards "peanuts", while funds were splurged at will in Akali-BJP wards, he said, addressing a public meeting at Lohara village in Ludhiana.
Warning the authorities of consequences, the minister said development cannot be carried out at whims and fancies of individuals and asked them to make it "uniform and indiscriminate".
Tewari said the Akali-BJP alliance must not take power for granted as people will teach them a lesson in the 2014 Parliamentary elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?