Manish Tewari, Punjab PCC chief get `Z` security cover
New Delhi: Union Minister Manish Tewari and Punjab Congress President P S Bajwa are the new entrants to the VIP security club with the Home Ministry approving `Z` category cover to them.
Tewari, a Congress MP from Ludhiana, has been accorded the enhanced security entailing armed commandos during his movements across the country. Bajwa, who recently became Punjab PCC chief, will also get the same security.
The Ministry of Home Affairs, in its order issued recently, has asked paramilitary Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) to ensure their protection.
The force has been asked to deploy 28 commandos from its specialised VIP/VVIP security unit based in Uttar Pradesh for each of the new protectees.
Under the `Z` category security, a person is provided proximate security along with a pilot and an escort vehicle anywhere in the country.
While Tewari will get the `Z` category protection throughout the country, Bajwa will enjoy it in Punjab.
Recently, the Centre accorded `Z` category security to Reliance Industries Ltd Chairman Mukesh Ambani and a number of other ministers and MPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder