Manish Tewari, Punjab PCC chief get `Z` security cover
New Delhi: Union Minister Manish Tewari and Punjab Congress President P S Bajwa are the new entrants to the VIP security club with the Home Ministry approving `Z` category cover to them.
Tewari, a Congress MP from Ludhiana, has been accorded the enhanced security entailing armed commandos during his movements across the country. Bajwa, who recently became Punjab PCC chief, will also get the same security.
The Ministry of Home Affairs, in its order issued recently, has asked paramilitary Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) to ensure their protection.
The force has been asked to deploy 28 commandos from its specialised VIP/VVIP security unit based in Uttar Pradesh for each of the new protectees.
Under the `Z` category security, a person is provided proximate security along with a pilot and an escort vehicle anywhere in the country.
While Tewari will get the `Z` category protection throughout the country, Bajwa will enjoy it in Punjab.
Recently, the Centre accorded `Z` category security to Reliance Industries Ltd Chairman Mukesh Ambani and a number of other ministers and MPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India