Manish Tewari, Punjab PCC chief get `Z` security cover
New Delhi: Union Minister Manish Tewari and Punjab Congress President P S Bajwa are the new entrants to the VIP security club with the Home Ministry approving `Z` category cover to them.
Tewari, a Congress MP from Ludhiana, has been accorded the enhanced security entailing armed commandos during his movements across the country. Bajwa, who recently became Punjab PCC chief, will also get the same security.
The Ministry of Home Affairs, in its order issued recently, has asked paramilitary Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) to ensure their protection.
The force has been asked to deploy 28 commandos from its specialised VIP/VVIP security unit based in Uttar Pradesh for each of the new protectees.
Under the `Z` category security, a person is provided proximate security along with a pilot and an escort vehicle anywhere in the country.
While Tewari will get the `Z` category protection throughout the country, Bajwa will enjoy it in Punjab.
Recently, the Centre accorded `Z` category security to Reliance Industries Ltd Chairman Mukesh Ambani and a number of other ministers and MPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?