Manpreet Badal ready to appear before Akal Takht
Fatehgarh Sahib: Ousted Punjab Finance
Minister Manpreet Singh of
Sikhs, for trimming hairs or any other alleged religious
Badal on Tuesday expressed his readiness to
appear before the Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat misconduct in case the Takht Jathedar summons him.
Manpreet rejected any move for a rapprochement with his
uncle and chief minister Parkash Singh Badal who sacked him
from the cabinet following differences over continuing
subsidies and a reported offer by the Centre debt waiver.
The former minister, who along with Jalandhar MLA Jagbir
Brar was here to build contact with the people of this area in
his bid to provide a political alternative in the state, said
he would explain his position before the Takht whenever he
would be called.
However, he said he has no plan to get baptized in near
Some senior Akali leaders have demanded that the Akal
Takht Jathedar summon him as he had once got baptized but
later violated the `maryada` (principles) by trimming hairs.
Cautioning the people against "rumours" about his
possible rappraochment with the Badals, Manpreet said
everything would be cleared on November 14 when he declares
his next political move after paying obeisance at Darbar
He said his fight is on the basis of principle and not for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding