Manpreet firm on launching new party
Amritsar: Expelled Shiromani Akali Dal
leader Manpreet Singh Badal on Wednesday said he was determined to
launch a new political party on March 27.
After floating the outfit, he would announce his
strategy for the upcoming assembly election in Punjab, the
former state Finance Minister told reporters here.
His party would contest the assembly election slated
for February next year and would give tickets to candidates
with clean image, Manpreet said.
He himself would contest from Gidderbaha seat and his
father Gurdas Badal from Lambi assembly constituency, he said.
At present, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal
represents the Lambi constituency in the assembly.
Manpreet is slated to launch a new political party on
March 27 at Khattar Kalan, the ancestral village of martyr
Bhagat Singh, in Nawanshahr district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video