Manpreet says Cong not an alternative for him
Jalandhar: Sacked Punjab Finance Minister
and SAD MLA Manpreet Singh Badal on Sunday asserted he would never join the Congress saying the party could not be an alternative
"I will never join the Congress. The party cannot be
an alternative for me," he told reporters here.
Reaffirming his allegiance to the Shiromani Akali
Dal, Manpreet said "I am an Akali and will always remain an
Yesterday, addressing his supporters on his home turf
Gidderbaha in Muktsar district, he had said he was a born
Akali and had no intentions to leave SAD.
Asked whether he would float a new party, Manpreet
today said "everything will unfold with the passage of time."
The SAD legislator alleged his movements were being
restricted by the Punjab government. Two days earlier, his
former office was reportedly ransacked by some unidentified
persons in high-security Civil Secretariat in Chandigarh.
Questioning his suspension from the party, he said "I
want to know what indiscipline I had committed? Did I defy any
party whip? What crime I had committed?"
Fortyeight-year-old Manpreet, nephew of Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal, was axed from the SAD-BJP government on
October 13 following a raging row over Centre`s reported debt
waiver offer to the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi