Marginal drop in temperature in Punjab, heat wave continues
Chandigarh: Despite a marginal dip in maximum temperatures, heat wave conditions on Sunday continued to sweep Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh.
Even though the maximum temperatures were still hovering between 42-43 deg C, they were slightly below 45 deg C -47 deg C recorded at most places during the past few days.
Amritsar registered a high of 43.8 deg C, three notches above normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala, recorded respective high of 43.4 deg C and 42.7 deg C.
Chandigarh recorded a high of 42.8 deg C, four deg above normal.
Hisar in Haryana recorded a maximum of 43 deg C, up one notch while Ambala registered a high of 42.4 deg C, two above normal.
While six persons have lost their lives due to intense heat wave in Punjab, two have died in Haryana in the past few days.
Keeping in view the scorching heat, Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner, P C Meena has declared summer vacations in all government and private schools of Gurgaon (Haryana) from May 27 instead of June 1.
Meanwhile, the MeT has forecast dust storm, thunder storm with possibility of light rain at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP