Marginal drop in temperature in Punjab, heat wave continues
Chandigarh: Despite a marginal dip in maximum temperatures, heat wave conditions on Sunday continued to sweep Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh.
Even though the maximum temperatures were still hovering between 42-43 deg C, they were slightly below 45 deg C -47 deg C recorded at most places during the past few days.
Amritsar registered a high of 43.8 deg C, three notches above normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala, recorded respective high of 43.4 deg C and 42.7 deg C.
Chandigarh recorded a high of 42.8 deg C, four deg above normal.
Hisar in Haryana recorded a maximum of 43 deg C, up one notch while Ambala registered a high of 42.4 deg C, two above normal.
While six persons have lost their lives due to intense heat wave in Punjab, two have died in Haryana in the past few days.
Keeping in view the scorching heat, Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner, P C Meena has declared summer vacations in all government and private schools of Gurgaon (Haryana) from May 27 instead of June 1.
Meanwhile, the MeT has forecast dust storm, thunder storm with possibility of light rain at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!