Max temp drop slightly, but heat wave continues
Chandigarh: The maximum temperatures on Saturday dropped between 2-3 notches at many places in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh since Friday, but hot weather conditions continued to prevail in the region.
Chandigarh recorded a maximum of 40.3 deg Celsius, one notch above normal, but two degrees down since yesterday, the MeT said here.
In Punjab, Amritsar (41.4 deg C), Ludhiana (41 deg C) and Patiala (41.7 deg C) recorded near similar maximums, which were down slightly compared to the ones recorded since Friday.
Ambala in Haryana registered a high of 41 deg Celsius, while Hisar recorded a maximum of 42.2 deg Celsius, down by three degrees since Friday.
Rohtak, however, braved a hot day at 43.1 deg Celsius, up three notches than normal, while Bhiwani`s maximum settled at 42 deg Celsius.
The MeT has forecast dust storm or thunder showers with light rain likely to occur at isolated places in the two states during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog