Max temperatures remain below 40 C in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Maximum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana today hovered below normal level as rain lashed parts of the two states.
Though mercury remained below 40 degrees Celsius at most of the places in the two states, prevailing high humidity level caused people sweating.
According to MeT office, Union Territory Chandigarh had a high of 35 degrees C, down by one degree below normal. Bhiwani in Haryana received rainfall of 6.8 mm in past 24 hours and its maximum was 37.4 degrees C while Ambala and Hisar registered maximum at 35.7 degrees C and 39 degrees C. Karnal and Narnaul recorded high at 36 degrees C and 37.5 degrees C.
In Punjab, Amritsar and Ludhiana received rainfall of 0.4 mm and 15.8 mm and their maximum settled at 36.3 degrees C and 35.5 degrees C. Patiala had a high of 35.4 degrees C.
MeT office, in a forecast, said that light to moderate rains may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre