Max temperatures remain below 40 C in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Maximum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana today hovered below normal level as rain lashed parts of the two states.
Though mercury remained below 40 degrees Celsius at most of the places in the two states, prevailing high humidity level caused people sweating.
According to MeT office, Union Territory Chandigarh had a high of 35 degrees C, down by one degree below normal. Bhiwani in Haryana received rainfall of 6.8 mm in past 24 hours and its maximum was 37.4 degrees C while Ambala and Hisar registered maximum at 35.7 degrees C and 39 degrees C. Karnal and Narnaul recorded high at 36 degrees C and 37.5 degrees C.
In Punjab, Amritsar and Ludhiana received rainfall of 0.4 mm and 15.8 mm and their maximum settled at 36.3 degrees C and 35.5 degrees C. Patiala had a high of 35.4 degrees C.
MeT office, in a forecast, said that light to moderate rains may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas