Max temperatures remain below 40 C in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Maximum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana today hovered below normal level as rain lashed parts of the two states.
Though mercury remained below 40 degrees Celsius at most of the places in the two states, prevailing high humidity level caused people sweating.
According to MeT office, Union Territory Chandigarh had a high of 35 degrees C, down by one degree below normal. Bhiwani in Haryana received rainfall of 6.8 mm in past 24 hours and its maximum was 37.4 degrees C while Ambala and Hisar registered maximum at 35.7 degrees C and 39 degrees C. Karnal and Narnaul recorded high at 36 degrees C and 37.5 degrees C.
In Punjab, Amritsar and Ludhiana received rainfall of 0.4 mm and 15.8 mm and their maximum settled at 36.3 degrees C and 35.5 degrees C. Patiala had a high of 35.4 degrees C.
MeT office, in a forecast, said that light to moderate rains may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana during next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire