Max temperatures remain below 40 C in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Maximum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana today hovered below normal level as rain lashed parts of the two states.
Though mercury remained below 40 degrees Celsius at most of the places in the two states, prevailing high humidity level caused people sweating.
According to MeT office, Union Territory Chandigarh had a high of 35 degrees C, down by one degree below normal. Bhiwani in Haryana received rainfall of 6.8 mm in past 24 hours and its maximum was 37.4 degrees C while Ambala and Hisar registered maximum at 35.7 degrees C and 39 degrees C. Karnal and Narnaul recorded high at 36 degrees C and 37.5 degrees C.
In Punjab, Amritsar and Ludhiana received rainfall of 0.4 mm and 15.8 mm and their maximum settled at 36.3 degrees C and 35.5 degrees C. Patiala had a high of 35.4 degrees C.
MeT office, in a forecast, said that light to moderate rains may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana during next 24 hours.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley