Maximum temperatures hover below normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: After being lashed by rains during the past few days, maximum temperatures across Punjab and Haryana including capital Chandigarh today hovered a few notches below normal level.
After light to moderate rains in the last couple of days, Chandigarh had a clear sky today and the high here settled at 34 degrees Celsius, five notches below normal, the MeT department said.
Ambala in Haryana recorded a high of 34.9 degrees Celsius, down four notches while Hisar`s maximum settled at 36.2 degrees Celsius, two levels below normal.
Karnal recorded a high of 35.2 degrees Celsius, down three notches while Bhiwani`s maximum settled at 32 degrees Celsius.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a high of 35.8 degrees Celsius, down three notches. Ludhiana and Patiala also recorded below normal maximums at 34.3 degrees Celsius and 34.6 degrees Celsius respectively.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on