Maximum temperatures hover below normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: After being lashed by rains during the past few days, maximum temperatures across Punjab and Haryana including capital Chandigarh today hovered a few notches below normal level.
After light to moderate rains in the last couple of days, Chandigarh had a clear sky today and the high here settled at 34 degrees Celsius, five notches below normal, the MeT department said.
Ambala in Haryana recorded a high of 34.9 degrees Celsius, down four notches while Hisar`s maximum settled at 36.2 degrees Celsius, two levels below normal.
Karnal recorded a high of 35.2 degrees Celsius, down three notches while Bhiwani`s maximum settled at 32 degrees Celsius.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a high of 35.8 degrees Celsius, down three notches. Ludhiana and Patiala also recorded below normal maximums at 34.3 degrees Celsius and 34.6 degrees Celsius respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list