Maximum temperatures soar in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Maximum temperatures soared in Punjab and Haryana today, ending the brief relief provided by rains in the region.
The maximum temperatures hovered few notches above normal at most places. Amritsar was the hottest place in both states as it sizzled at 42.2 degree Celsius, two notches above normal, MeT department said here today.
Among other places in Punjab, Patiala and Ludhiana had a high of 41.2 degree Celsius and 41 degree Celsius, up to three notches above normal.
Union Territory Chandigarh, however, recorded maximum temperature below the 40 degree-mark as it settled at 38 degree Celsius. Chandigarh received rainfall of 1.1 mm in the past 24 hours.
In Haryana, Hisar sizzled at 41.7 degree Celsius, a degree above normal. Ambala and Narnaul recorded a maximum of 38.4 degree Celsius and 39.7 degree Celsius, respectively.
The MeT department predicted light to moderate rain or thundershowers at isolated places in Haryana and Punjab in next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir