Maximum temperatures soar in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Maximum temperatures soared in Punjab and Haryana today, ending the brief relief provided by rains in the region.
The maximum temperatures hovered few notches above normal at most places. Amritsar was the hottest place in both states as it sizzled at 42.2 degree Celsius, two notches above normal, MeT department said here today.
Among other places in Punjab, Patiala and Ludhiana had a high of 41.2 degree Celsius and 41 degree Celsius, up to three notches above normal.
Union Territory Chandigarh, however, recorded maximum temperature below the 40 degree-mark as it settled at 38 degree Celsius. Chandigarh received rainfall of 1.1 mm in the past 24 hours.
In Haryana, Hisar sizzled at 41.7 degree Celsius, a degree above normal. Ambala and Narnaul recorded a maximum of 38.4 degree Celsius and 39.7 degree Celsius, respectively.
The MeT department predicted light to moderate rain or thundershowers at isolated places in Haryana and Punjab in next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet