`Media can play imp role in building Indo-Pak relations`
Chandigarh: For ushering a new era of peace and cordial bilateral relations between India and Pakistan, the media of both countries have a vital role to play, Punjab Legislative Assembly Speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal said on Friday.
Atwal, while interacting with a delegation of Pakistani journalists on a five-day tour to Punjab, said the media has to play an important role in developing relations between the two countries.
Atwal had hosted a dinner for them.
The delegation has 34 Pakistani journalists, including three women, from the Lahore Press Club.
The delegation was lead by Arshad Ansari, President and Zulfikar Ali, General Secretary of the Lahore Press Club.
Atwal apprised the Pakistani journalists about the functioning of the Punjab Legislative Assembly and the proceedings of the budget session.
"We should move forward on the path of development ignoring the bitterness and hostility surfaced during past," said Atwal
He also presented mementos to the Pakistani scribes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!