`Media can play imp role in building Indo-Pak relations`
Chandigarh: For ushering a new era of peace and cordial bilateral relations between India and Pakistan, the media of both countries have a vital role to play, Punjab Legislative Assembly Speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal said on Friday.
Atwal, while interacting with a delegation of Pakistani journalists on a five-day tour to Punjab, said the media has to play an important role in developing relations between the two countries.
Atwal had hosted a dinner for them.
The delegation has 34 Pakistani journalists, including three women, from the Lahore Press Club.
The delegation was lead by Arshad Ansari, President and Zulfikar Ali, General Secretary of the Lahore Press Club.
Atwal apprised the Pakistani journalists about the functioning of the Punjab Legislative Assembly and the proceedings of the budget session.
"We should move forward on the path of development ignoring the bitterness and hostility surfaced during past," said Atwal
He also presented mementos to the Pakistani scribes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal