`Media can play imp role in building Indo-Pak relations`
Chandigarh: For ushering a new era of peace and cordial bilateral relations between India and Pakistan, the media of both countries have a vital role to play, Punjab Legislative Assembly Speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal said on Friday.
Atwal, while interacting with a delegation of Pakistani journalists on a five-day tour to Punjab, said the media has to play an important role in developing relations between the two countries.
Atwal had hosted a dinner for them.
The delegation has 34 Pakistani journalists, including three women, from the Lahore Press Club.
The delegation was lead by Arshad Ansari, President and Zulfikar Ali, General Secretary of the Lahore Press Club.
Atwal apprised the Pakistani journalists about the functioning of the Punjab Legislative Assembly and the proceedings of the budget session.
"We should move forward on the path of development ignoring the bitterness and hostility surfaced during past," said Atwal
He also presented mementos to the Pakistani scribes.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success