`Media can play imp role in building Indo-Pak relations`
Chandigarh: For ushering a new era of peace and cordial bilateral relations between India and Pakistan, the media of both countries have a vital role to play, Punjab Legislative Assembly Speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal said on Friday.
Atwal, while interacting with a delegation of Pakistani journalists on a five-day tour to Punjab, said the media has to play an important role in developing relations between the two countries.
Atwal had hosted a dinner for them.
The delegation has 34 Pakistani journalists, including three women, from the Lahore Press Club.
The delegation was lead by Arshad Ansari, President and Zulfikar Ali, General Secretary of the Lahore Press Club.
Atwal apprised the Pakistani journalists about the functioning of the Punjab Legislative Assembly and the proceedings of the budget session.
"We should move forward on the path of development ignoring the bitterness and hostility surfaced during past," said Atwal
He also presented mementos to the Pakistani scribes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan