`Media can play imp role in building Indo-Pak relations`
Chandigarh: For ushering a new era of peace and cordial bilateral relations between India and Pakistan, the media of both countries have a vital role to play, Punjab Legislative Assembly Speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal said on Friday.
Atwal, while interacting with a delegation of Pakistani journalists on a five-day tour to Punjab, said the media has to play an important role in developing relations between the two countries.
Atwal had hosted a dinner for them.
The delegation has 34 Pakistani journalists, including three women, from the Lahore Press Club.
The delegation was lead by Arshad Ansari, President and Zulfikar Ali, General Secretary of the Lahore Press Club.
Atwal apprised the Pakistani journalists about the functioning of the Punjab Legislative Assembly and the proceedings of the budget session.
"We should move forward on the path of development ignoring the bitterness and hostility surfaced during past," said Atwal
He also presented mementos to the Pakistani scribes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India