Mega education city to come up near Chandigarh soon: Sukhbir
Ludhiana: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday said a mega education city would come up near Chandigarh soon to give further impetus to the quality of higher education in the state.
The education city, to be spread over an area of 1500 acres, would be established at Mullanpura, he said.
It was his government`s firm resolve to make Punjab the most literate state in the country, Badal told a gathering after inaugurating a new block of a commerce and management college here.
The state government had framed policies to strengthen the base of education in the state, he said.
"The pace of development in Punjab is not due to a magic wand. It is the creative and positive mindset of the leadership that has brought desired results," Badal said.
The Deputy Chief Minister invited Ludhiana-based Oswal group to establish a world class university in the state.
"I invite the Oswal group to help in establishing a world class university in Punjab," Badal said.
On remarks by some Congress leaders that the state`s fiscal health was "decaying", he dismissed this as "baseless propaganda".
The SAD-BJP government had successfully initiated a sustained campaign to make Punjab the most preferred investment destination, Badal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof