Mega education city to come up near Chandigarh soon: Sukhbir
Ludhiana: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday said a mega education city would come up near Chandigarh soon to give further impetus to the quality of higher education in the state.
The education city, to be spread over an area of 1500 acres, would be established at Mullanpura, he said.
It was his government`s firm resolve to make Punjab the most literate state in the country, Badal told a gathering after inaugurating a new block of a commerce and management college here.
The state government had framed policies to strengthen the base of education in the state, he said.
"The pace of development in Punjab is not due to a magic wand. It is the creative and positive mindset of the leadership that has brought desired results," Badal said.
The Deputy Chief Minister invited Ludhiana-based Oswal group to establish a world class university in the state.
"I invite the Oswal group to help in establishing a world class university in Punjab," Badal said.
On remarks by some Congress leaders that the state`s fiscal health was "decaying", he dismissed this as "baseless propaganda".
The SAD-BJP government had successfully initiated a sustained campaign to make Punjab the most preferred investment destination, Badal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Allahabad HC declines to entertain PIL to restrain media coverage of Kairana incident
- Despite tough training, we'll continue our Ramadan fast: Misbah-ul-Haq tells Mickey Arthur
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside