Mercury drops sharply after rains lash Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Mercury dropped sharply across
Punjab and Haryana, where many parts were lashed by rains
early on Saturday.
The maximum temperature, which had been hovering between
40-45 degrees at most places in the two states during the past
few days, dropped by up to 10 degrees today.
Heavy showers (13.9 mm) lashed Chandigarh, the joint
capital of Punjab and Haryana, in the wee hours.
Ambala, Gurgaon, Sonepat, Panchkula and Panipat in
Haryana also received showers.
While Patiala, Mohali, Phagwara and Nawanshahr in Punjab
also witnessed downpour.
After the rains, cool breeze made the weather pleasant in
Chandigarh today recorded a maximum temperature of 33.6
deg C, four notches below normal level.
Ludhiana registered a high of 34 deg C, down by seven
notches while the maximum at Patiala settled at 33.4 deg C,
down six degrees.
Amritsar`s maximum also dropped by five notches below
In Haryana, Hisar`s maximum dropped by ten notches to
settle at 34 deg C.
Ambala had a pleasant day at 32.8 deg C, down six
degrees, the MeT department said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read