Mercury drops sharply after rains lash Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Mercury dropped sharply across
Punjab and Haryana, where many parts were lashed by rains
early on Saturday.
The maximum temperature, which had been hovering between
40-45 degrees at most places in the two states during the past
few days, dropped by up to 10 degrees today.
Heavy showers (13.9 mm) lashed Chandigarh, the joint
capital of Punjab and Haryana, in the wee hours.
Ambala, Gurgaon, Sonepat, Panchkula and Panipat in
Haryana also received showers.
While Patiala, Mohali, Phagwara and Nawanshahr in Punjab
also witnessed downpour.
After the rains, cool breeze made the weather pleasant in
Chandigarh today recorded a maximum temperature of 33.6
deg C, four notches below normal level.
Ludhiana registered a high of 34 deg C, down by seven
notches while the maximum at Patiala settled at 33.4 deg C,
down six degrees.
Amritsar`s maximum also dropped by five notches below
In Haryana, Hisar`s maximum dropped by ten notches to
settle at 34 deg C.
Ambala had a pleasant day at 32.8 deg C, down six
degrees, the MeT department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25