Mercury drops sharply after rains lash Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Mercury dropped sharply across
Punjab and Haryana, where many parts were lashed by rains
early on Saturday.
The maximum temperature, which had been hovering between
40-45 degrees at most places in the two states during the past
few days, dropped by up to 10 degrees today.
Heavy showers (13.9 mm) lashed Chandigarh, the joint
capital of Punjab and Haryana, in the wee hours.
Ambala, Gurgaon, Sonepat, Panchkula and Panipat in
Haryana also received showers.
While Patiala, Mohali, Phagwara and Nawanshahr in Punjab
also witnessed downpour.
After the rains, cool breeze made the weather pleasant in
Chandigarh today recorded a maximum temperature of 33.6
deg C, four notches below normal level.
Ludhiana registered a high of 34 deg C, down by seven
notches while the maximum at Patiala settled at 33.4 deg C,
down six degrees.
Amritsar`s maximum also dropped by five notches below
In Haryana, Hisar`s maximum dropped by ten notches to
settle at 34 deg C.
Ambala had a pleasant day at 32.8 deg C, down six
degrees, the MeT department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday