Mercury drops sharply after rains lash Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Mercury dropped sharply across
Punjab and Haryana, where many parts were lashed by rains
early on Saturday.
The maximum temperature, which had been hovering between
40-45 degrees at most places in the two states during the past
few days, dropped by up to 10 degrees today.
Heavy showers (13.9 mm) lashed Chandigarh, the joint
capital of Punjab and Haryana, in the wee hours.
Ambala, Gurgaon, Sonepat, Panchkula and Panipat in
Haryana also received showers.
While Patiala, Mohali, Phagwara and Nawanshahr in Punjab
also witnessed downpour.
After the rains, cool breeze made the weather pleasant in
Chandigarh today recorded a maximum temperature of 33.6
deg C, four notches below normal level.
Ludhiana registered a high of 34 deg C, down by seven
notches while the maximum at Patiala settled at 33.4 deg C,
down six degrees.
Amritsar`s maximum also dropped by five notches below
In Haryana, Hisar`s maximum dropped by ten notches to
settle at 34 deg C.
Ambala had a pleasant day at 32.8 deg C, down six
degrees, the MeT department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends