Mercury registers slight drop in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: There was a marginal drop in the maximum temperatures at a few places across Punjab and Haryana Thursday, giving some respite to the people from the heat wave conditions.
The maximum in their common capital and Union territory of Chandigarh dropped by over three degrees from yesterday to settle at 38.3 degrees Celsius, one notch below normal, the MeT office said.
Ambala in Haryana recorded a high of 39.2 degrees, down one notch while Karnal`s maximum, too, fell marginally to settle at 39.4 degrees.
Hisar and Bhiwani where temperatures had been hovering close to 45 degrees over the past few days, too, saw temperatures come down to settle at 41.1 and 41.4 degrees, respectively.
However, Narnaul today continued to sizzle at 44 degrees today, up three degrees.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded maximums of 40.2 and 40.6 degrees, respectively, down two notches from yesterday.
But the mercury was up two notches in Amritsar which recorded a maximum of 42.2 degrees.
The MeT office has forecast mainly clear skies over the next two days with a possibility of a further rise in the mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Novak Djokovic beats scare, Rafael Nadal eases at revamped US Open
- Colombia ceasefire ends half-century war with FARC
- Embarrassment for Congress as Navjot Singh Sidhu's wife criticises Amarinder Singh
- Why cholera is more deadly for people with type O blood
- US Open: Andy Murray, Serena Williams swing into action on Day 2