Mercury rises in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: People on Saturday got some respite from
cold in Punjab and Haryana with mercury rising a few notches
above normal in the region amid cloudy weather conditions.
Narnaul in Haryana recorded the lowest temperature in the
region at minimum 8.5 degree Celsius, four notches above
normal, Met Department said here today.
In Punjab, Amritsar saw mercury settling at 9.6 deg C, up
by five notches above normal, while Patiala and Ludhiana
recorded minimum temperatures of 9.5 deg C and 10.4 deg C
respectively. The weather in Punjab remained mainly dry.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 10.6 deg C, up by four
notches above normal.
Minimum temperature reached double digit mark in
Haryana`s Hisar, Rohtak and Bhiwani at 10.7 deg C, 10.1 deg C
and 10 deg C respectively.
Karnal and Ambala recorded minimum of 8.6 deg C and 9.2
deg C, up by two notches above normal.
Maximum temperature also witnessed upward movement as
several areas in Punjab and Haryana saw the mercury crossing
the 20 deg C mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore