Mercury rises in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: People on Saturday got some respite from
cold in Punjab and Haryana with mercury rising a few notches
above normal in the region amid cloudy weather conditions.
Narnaul in Haryana recorded the lowest temperature in the
region at minimum 8.5 degree Celsius, four notches above
normal, Met Department said here today.
In Punjab, Amritsar saw mercury settling at 9.6 deg C, up
by five notches above normal, while Patiala and Ludhiana
recorded minimum temperatures of 9.5 deg C and 10.4 deg C
respectively. The weather in Punjab remained mainly dry.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 10.6 deg C, up by four
notches above normal.
Minimum temperature reached double digit mark in
Haryana`s Hisar, Rohtak and Bhiwani at 10.7 deg C, 10.1 deg C
and 10 deg C respectively.
Karnal and Ambala recorded minimum of 8.6 deg C and 9.2
deg C, up by two notches above normal.
Maximum temperature also witnessed upward movement as
several areas in Punjab and Haryana saw the mercury crossing
the 20 deg C mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video