Mercury rises in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: People on Saturday got some respite from
cold in Punjab and Haryana with mercury rising a few notches
above normal in the region amid cloudy weather conditions.
Narnaul in Haryana recorded the lowest temperature in the
region at minimum 8.5 degree Celsius, four notches above
normal, Met Department said here today.
In Punjab, Amritsar saw mercury settling at 9.6 deg C, up
by five notches above normal, while Patiala and Ludhiana
recorded minimum temperatures of 9.5 deg C and 10.4 deg C
respectively. The weather in Punjab remained mainly dry.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 10.6 deg C, up by four
notches above normal.
Minimum temperature reached double digit mark in
Haryana`s Hisar, Rohtak and Bhiwani at 10.7 deg C, 10.1 deg C
and 10 deg C respectively.
Karnal and Ambala recorded minimum of 8.6 deg C and 9.2
deg C, up by two notches above normal.
Maximum temperature also witnessed upward movement as
several areas in Punjab and Haryana saw the mercury crossing
the 20 deg C mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral